The role of the CFO has expanded beyond the narrow purview of reporting the numbers and ensuring compliance. The CFO of today operates around the globe, regularly interacts with operational areas, and has become a partner to the CEO and the board in making strategic decisions.
Prominent CFOs who are alumni of Columbia Business School have played an outsized role as changes have occurred due to increased globalization and regulation, technology transformation, and the financial crisis. The CBS New York Alumni Club is pleased to present the 2018 Worldwide Alumni Club Event (WACE), featuring a panel of four outstanding CFOs from different industries to discuss the changing role of the CFO:
• Robert Falzon, ’83, CFO Prudential
• Howard Hochhauser, ’04, CFO Ancestry
• Karen McLoughlin, ’88, CFO Cognizant
• Tracey Travis, ’86, CFO Estée Lauder
• Kimberly Johnson, Professional Products Editor, The Wall Street Journal (Moderator)