An 18-year-old has complained of seizures in an Indian hospital. It turned out that the teen actually had a parasite in his brain, as per a case study that was published on Tuesday in the Journal of Medicine, in New England. More specifically, a tapeworm larvae infestation in the brain caused the death of the young man.

Dr. S. Zafar Abbas and Dr. Nishanth Dev from the ESIC Medical College and Hospital in Faridabad has said that the patient, who came into the ER with swelling at his right eye, also complained of tonic-clonic seizures. This kind of seizures is also known as “grand mal” seizures, which are neural disturbances that are known to cause stiffened muscles and, sometimes, loss of consciousness.

His parents stated that their son had been…

Source link

Fill this form and get best deals on " Coaching classes"

  • 100% genuine institutes aiming to help you ace studies
  • Get immediate response from the institutes
  • Compare institutes and pick only the best!
  • Feel free to choose the institute you like, and rest will be taken care of
Verify Yourself

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account