https://forum.edugorilla.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2018/09/normalization-process-how-nta-will-calculate-your-jee-mains-2019-rank.jpg

Normalization Process || How NTA will Calculate your JEE Mains Rank

NTA will use normalization method to Calculate your JEE Main 2019 Rank. This year JEE Main exam is totally computer based exam and will be conducted in many shifts. Difficulty level can’t be same in every paper so NTA will use normalization method to calculate your JEE Main Rank.

#normalization #jeemain2019 #iitjee

NTA will be conducting examinations on multiple dates, generally in two sessions per day. The candidates will be given different sets of questions per session and it is quite possible that in spite of all efforts of maintainingequivalence among various question papers, the difficulty level of these question papers administered in different sessions may not be exactly the same. Some of the candidates may end up attempting a relatively tougher set of questions when compared to other sets. The candidates who attempt the comparatively tougher examination are likely to get lower marks as compared to those who attempt the easier one. In order to overcome such a situation,“Normalization procedure based on Percentile Score” will be used for ensuring that candidates are neither benefitted nor disadvantaged due to the difficulty level of the examination. With the objective of ensuring
that a candidate’s true merit is identified, and that a level playing field is created in the above context, the Normalization Procedure, set out below shall be adopted, for compiling the NTA scores for multi session papers.

The process of Normalization is an established practice for comparing candidate scores across multi session papers and is similar to those being adopted in other large educational selection tests conducted in India.

For normalization across sections, NTA shall use the percentile equivalence.

Percentile Scores: Percentile scores are scores based on the
relative performance of all those who appear for the examination. Basically the marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session of examinees.

The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored EQUAL TO OR BELOW (same or lower raw scores) that particular Percentile in that examination. Therefore the topper(highest score) of each session will get the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable. The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate Percentiles.

The Percentile score will be the Normalized Score for the examination(instead of the raw marks of the candidate and shall be used for preparation of the merit lists.

The Percentile Scores will be calculated up to 7 decimal places to avoid bunching effect and reduce ties.

source

Fill this form and get best deals on " Coaching classes"

• 100% genuine institutes aiming to help you ace studies
  • Get immediate response from the institutes
  • Compare institutes and pick only the best!
  • Feel free to choose the institute you like, and rest will be taken care of
21 Comments

Comments are closed.

1. UK PRODUCTION 3 years ago

Find the general solution of the differential equation d^5y/dx^5-16dy/dx=0? sir please help me how will i solve it

2. UK PRODUCTION 3 years ago

solve the non-homogeneous differential equation dy/dx=3x-4y-2/3x-4y-3?

3. mahesh kumar 3 years ago

What percentage (in 12th)for PWD candidate for jee mains.pls sir reply.

4. Srijan Sikhar Dutta 3 years ago

Toppers will be very sad now. 😂

5. Angry Bird 3 years ago

You explained it very nicely..Still Very complex processs ☹

6. CR7 MSD 3 years ago

FIRST ON YOUTUBE. WHO TOLD THIS confusing procedure in simple way to students..

7. CR7 MSD 3 years ago

FIRST ON YOUTUBE. WHO TOLD THIS confusing procedure in simple way to students..

8. Hulk love 3 years ago

Sir your explanation is best ☺☺☺Aapka naam kya hai Sir ?

9. ABHISHEK RANJAN 3 years ago

Sir..mai bihar board se or Mai top 20 percentile me aa GAya Hu but Mera marks 2nd division Hai… To mujhe iit admission me koi problem nahi n hoga… Plz sir give me reply as soon as possible..!

10. Varun Beley 3 years ago

Still confuse.. Explain again please

11. mayuresh mathpati 3 years ago

Thanks sir

12. Pankaj Chaudhary 3 years ago

Sir how can I access jee main 2019 mock test online

13. parteek goyal 3 years ago

sir sc st ko koi faida nhi hai kya

14. Arman Alam 3 years ago

Thank sir jee I just visit your channel and see all the contents you all contents are very nice and there are many many videos related to IIT and that was very helpful for me because I am also a candidate of JEE mains and I want to also qualifiy advance and I am on fully self depend on my self studies.
    I have not joined any coaching.

15. Mickey manohar 3 years ago

Excuse me sir..
    Galti se mera form galat fill ho gaya hai… year of passing 12th board me 2018 ke place pe 2019 ho gaya hai….. to kya correction period me usko edit kar sakte hai?

16. rohannag shiva 3 years ago

sir u cleared my confusion

17. jee aspirant 3 years ago

Sir I have scored 78* it will not affect my rank

18. FS Gamer 3 years ago

Just some confusion…..Does BOARDS marks also a factor in Normalization??…i heard it somewhere thats why i am askin..

19. MD ZAKIR HUSSAIN 3 years ago

Sir kya 2017 wale 2019 me improvement exam de sakte hai

20. c.m. Gireesh 3 years ago

Is it true
    Can I trust u

21. Shardul Tripathi 3 years ago

Amazing man!!!! Explained in the best way possible

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account