UPSC Mains 2018 – Download General Studies Paper 4 (GS4) Question Paper

ONLY UPSC 2019 – https://t.me/iasupsc2019
IAS mains paper 2018 general studies ethics question paper 4 full analysis and review

UPSC Mains 2018 – Download GS4 Question Paper (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude). – UPSC conducted the General Studies Paper 4 (GS4) Paper, as part of Civil Services Main Exam 2018 on 30-09-2018. Aspirants can now download General Studies Paper 4 (GS4) Question Paper

Mains – 2018: General Studies Paper – 4 (ETHICS) UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam – 2018

Mains – 2018: General Studies Paper – 4
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam – 2018
Instructions

Total Marks: 250 marks, Time duration: 3 hours.

There are 12 questions divided into two sections and printed both in ENGLISH and HINDI.

All questions are compulsory.

The number of marks carried by a question/part is printed against it.

Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the admission certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this question-cum-answer (QCA) booklet in the space provided.

No marks will be given for answers written in the medium other than authorized one.

Keep the word limit indicated in the questions in mind.

Any page or portion of the page left blank, must be struck off clearly.

Questions

Section A

1- (a) State the three basic values, universal in nature, in the context of civil services and bring out their importance. (150 words)10
(b) Distinguish between “Code of ethics” and “Code of conduct” with suitable examples.
(150 words) 10

2- (a) What is mean by public interest? What are the principles and procedures to be followed by the civil servants in public interest? (150 words) 10
(b) “The Right to Information Act is not all about citizens’ empowerment alone, it essentially redefines the concept of accountability. Discuss. (150 words) 10

3-(a) What is mean by conflict of interest? Illustrate with examples, the difference between the actual and potential conflicts of interest. (150 words) 10
(b) “In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence and energy. And if they do not have the first, the other two will kill you.” – Warren Buffett
What do you understand by this statement in the present-day scenario? Explain. (150 words) 10

4-(a) “In doing a good thing, everything is permitted which is not prohibited expressly or by clear implication”. Examine the statement with suitable examples in the context of a public servant discharging his/her duties. (150 words) 10
(b) With regard to the morality of actions, one view is that means is of paramount importance and the other view is that the ends justify the means. Which view do you think is more appropriate? Justify your answer. (150 words) 10

5-(a) Suppose the Government of India is thinking of constructing a dam in a mountain valley bond by forests and inhabited by ethnic communities. What rational policy should it resort to in dealing with unforeseen contingencies (150 words) 10
(b) Explain the process of resolving ethical dilemmas in Public Administration. (150 words) 10

6-What do each of the following quotations mean to you in the present context?
(a) “The true rule, in determining to embrace, or reject anything, is not whether it has any evil in it; but whether it has more evil than good. There are few things wholly evil or wholly good. Almost everything, especially of governmental policy, is an inseparable compound of the two; so that our best judgement of the preponderance between them is continually demanded. ”Abraham Lincoln ( 150 words)10
(b) “Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding. “ _ Mahatma Gandhi (150 words) 10
(c) “Falsehood takes the place of truth when it results in unblemished common good.” _ Tirukkural (150 words)10

Section B

7- Rakesh is a responsible district level officer, who enjoys the trust of his higher officials. Knowing his honesty, the government entrusted him with the responsibility of identifying the beneficiaries under a health care scheme meant for senior citizens.
The criteria to be a beneficiary are the following:
(a) 60 years of age or above.
(b) Belonging to a reserved community.
(c) Family income of less than 1 Lakh rupees per annum.
(d) Post-treatment prognosis is likely to be high to make a positive difference to the quality of life of the beneficiary.
One day, an old couple visited Rakesh’s office with their application. They have been the residents of a village in his district since their birth. The old man is diagnosed with a rare condition that causes obstruction in the large intestine. As a consequence, he has severe abdominal pain frequently that prevents him from doing any physical labour. The couple has no children to support them. The expert surgeon whom they contacted is willing to do the surgery without

source

Fill this form and get best deals on " Coaching classes"

• 100% genuine institutes aiming to help you ace studies
  • Get immediate response from the institutes
  • Compare institutes and pick only the best!
  • Feel free to choose the institute you like, and rest will be taken care of
32 Comments

Comments are closed.

1. ashish kushwaha 3 years ago

sir,
    paper 3, 4 ka PDF teligram me bhejiye jaldi se

2. D shubham panchal 3 years ago

Sir paper to best ja rhe he abhi tk.
    And or 3rd best he

3. Aftab Anjum Anjum 3 years ago

FROM where i get 8th class modern NCERT plzzz

4. Hitesh chauhan 3 years ago

Sir RAS M PRE 85 MARKS SO M PREPARING FOR RAS MAINS AB UPSC 2019 K LIYE GS THO HO JAYE GA BUT SOCIOLOGY OPTIONAL NHI PADHA HAI OR RAS K CHKAR M ABHI OPTIONAL PADH BHI NHI SAKTA KYA SOCIOLOGY 3 MONTHS M PREPARE HO JAYE GA FROM BASE UPSC LEVEL KA

5. Nishant Sinha 3 years ago

sir qualifying papers k baare mei bhi jarur se bataye. papers hone k baad . thank you

6. jayati dubey 3 years ago

acha paper tha bus 6 or 7 ka bhi acha ho

7. jayati dubey 3 years ago

sir agar ho sake to qualifying hindi k bare me video bna dijiye plzzz exam se pehle ek quick revision k liye

8. garima patel 3 years ago

Sir up pcs 2018 ke csat me bhi negative marking hoga kya

9. S B SINGH 3 years ago

Sir PDF please

10. Shankar Thakur 3 years ago

Thank you very much sir…

11. सर ऐसी कोई एक बुक बताइए जिसमें gs4 का पूरा पेटर्न हो मतलब यह जो केस स्टडी है वह भी उसमें शामिल हो प्लीज आप हिंदी माध्यम में मेरे को बेस्ट पुस्तक बताएं

12. sayan chakraborty 3 years ago

sir history optional paper analysis kora .

13. RAJA MISHRA 3 years ago

After OBSERVING all spectrum of gs papers one thing i can say that this year upsc through a more straight forward papers compared to previous years Although in exam hall various things are plugging i.e stress,time and mental management but its easiest mains till date (six years) cutoff is definitely going to high considering the fact that less numbers of seat and more PREDICTABLE QUESTIONS.The way forward is that the hindu+answer writing+stick to basics.THATS IT😁😁.

14. mini 3 years ago

Thank you so much for this👍🙏

15. Sadhana Gupta 3 years ago

sir agar hindi me pepar likha ja rha h to usme english ka use kar sakte h bich me ya nhi

16. JS CHAUHAN 3 years ago

Sir PDF please

17. JS CHAUHAN 3 years ago

Third aur fourth paper ki

18. JS CHAUHAN 3 years ago

Teligram pr

19. Samriddhi Sharma 3 years ago

Q no 7- rakesh wale questions p kya krna chayie sir plz ans me…..
    according to me personally uski thodi help kr k old orphanage me rakhwa dena chayie

20. Samriddhi Sharma 3 years ago

Sir ne last me bht jaldibaji me thank u bole sir bolte bolte bore Ho gye hahaha

21. Deepu Kumar 3 years ago

Ethics ke liye Hindi me koi book aati haikya

22. Dhiraj Singh 3 years ago

Sir gs k sabhi pspers telegram pr b send kijiye plz

23. Ak tripathi 3 years ago

Paper was easily only for two kind of people. one who had less prepared. Two who had prepared so well. rest are confused and quiet. Now exam is only searching honest person. it's doesn't matter if later they become corrupt.

24. Swati Shetake9119 3 years ago

Thank u soooooooooooooo much sir.. very nice 👍🙏😃👌

25. AKHIL SINGH 3 years ago

Question 7 me aapka ka view hai sir?

26. SHUBHAM BATHLA. 3 years ago

Sir hindi medium k liye b best source & website btao plz

27. Thanks.

28. Debjani Biswas 3 years ago

You are very genuine and humble… Thank you sir.

29. Anup Rana 3 years ago

Bolna easy agr sath ke sath thoda brief mai bta dete answer to acha hota

30. Sir kya Hindi me online MAINS writing kar sakte h kya?? Jaise IAS Baba, vision IAS me Hindi me writing kar skte h, plz tell??

31. sucess point 3 years ago

sir ek din ma kitna ppr hota hn pre gap vegra ka kya 9

32. RITESH ADE 3 years ago

Q 10 tamilnadu?

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account