This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 2 months ago.

• Author
    Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 

My name is Ankit. I have done B.A in English with 60 percent marks. I  cleared prelims exam in 2016 but could not make it to mains. I am working hard for IAS exam again. I am worried about certain things. Will they ask about my graduation marks in Interview ? Will my selection be affected by my graduation percentage ? Please clear my doubts. Thanks

• #9650 Reply
    Anam Kidwai Anam Kidwai 

It will not be wrong to say that the evaluation system in India is not standardized. Average marks from a reputed institute may hold more weightage than good marks from a local degree college.

Aspirants from various fields appear for the UPSC interview. Comparing them on the basis of their percentage in graduation makes little sense. Hence, your marks don’t really matter in case of UPSC interview.

However, it is quite possible you will be asked questions related to the subjects you had in your graduation. Make sure you are thorough with them and your basic concepts are clear.

The interviewers aim at testing the personal suitability of the candidates to hold responsible positions in the government sector.  They are not very concerned about how much you scored in your undergrad.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Reply To: Will my graduation marks be asked in IAS interviews? Can it affect my chances in IAS selection ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account