- 04/18/2019 at 10:13 am #524942EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Why is `heavy water` preferred to `normal water` for using as a coolant in a nuclear reactor?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Heavy water has a higher specific heat capacity than normal water.
- Normal water becomes radioactive on coming in contact with the fast-moving neutrons during fission process whereas heavy water does not.
- Heavy water can also be used as a moderator in the same reactor.
- Heavy water has more viscosity than normal water.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad