This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 

My name is Astha. I have done B.A in History from Lady Shri Ram College. At present I am preparing for Civil Services Exam. Please tell me what type of  questions are asked in Civil Services Interviews. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• #9656 Reply
    Anam Kidwai Anam Kidwai 

The UPSC interview or ‘personality assessment test’ (as UPSC likes to call it) is the last step in the journey for civil service aspirants. The aim is not to test your knowledge but to test your personality. Interviewers will judge you on the basis of how you handle the questions thrown your way and how you perform under pressure. They may also try to grill you even after you give the correct answer in order to check whether you cave under pressure or decide to stick to what you believe in.

You can be asked questions related to the following topics:

• Your profile
    • Your work experience
    • Your optional subjects
    • Your hobbies
    • Your views on current national and international issues
    • General knowledge
    • Your reasoning abilities

Confidence, general awareness and good communication skills are the key to acing any interview.

The interview panel consists of experts belonging to various fields. They are smart and knowledgeable people and certainly know what they are doing. Never try to bluff. In case you don’t know a certain answer, it is better to tell the truth than depend on guess work. Do not give incorrect information. However, if you can, try to steer the conversation towards topics you have knowledge about. Remember to be humble and polite. Do not lose your cool while indulging in a debate with the panel.

All the best!

Reply To: Which type of questions are asked in Civil Services Interviews ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account