- 06/30/2016 at 12:00 am #413Arpit Raj MallMember
I want to do Pathology course & I want to know about this option so please can you update me regarding this course??
- 12/23/2016 at 12:00 am #6064Shraddha GoelMember
Pathologists generally function in three broad areas- classified as diagnosticians in hospitals; investigators or researchers in medical laboratories and as teachers in colleges and universities.
If you choose to go the clinical pathology, you may need to work for private or corporate institutions. Aspirants can also join top hospitals like AIIMS (All India institute of Medical Sciences) and in military and government agencies like the National Institute of Health, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, and Food and Drug Administration.
From a financial point of view, new pathologists may be recruited for an average salary depending on the organization, working hours and job description. You may have to get some additional experience before getting appointed as a consultant anywhere.
Certificate Courses – 1 year
- PDCC (Blood Banking & Immunohaematology)
- PDCC (Blood Component Therapy & Apheresis)
- PDCC (Hepatopathology)
- PDCC (Renal Pathology)
- Post MD Certificate course in Cytopathology
- Post MD Certificate course in Immunopathology
- Diploma in Pathology – 2 years
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology – 2 years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pathology – 2 years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Genetics and Pathological Techniques (PGDHGPT) – 15 months
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech and Language Pathology – 4 years
- Master of Science in Pathology – 2 years
- Master of Dental Surgery in Oral Pathology – 3 years
- Doctor of Medicine in Pathology – 3 years
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pathology – 3 years
- Doctor of Philosophy in Speech Pathology and Audiology – 3 years
For UG Courses: Minimum educational qualification of 10+2 passed with PCB group is required for admission to undergraduate courses.
For PG Courses: You will be eligible for PG courses after passing bachelor’s degree in related discipline. Admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) programme will be offered after the successful completion of MBBS course.
Job types for pathologists:
- Medical Examiner
- Forensic Technician
- Mortuary Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
Starting salary of a pathologists ranges from Rs.15,000 to Rs.25,000. After gaining experience, there is rise in salary and it will be Rs 60,000 per month in the private sector.
In United States, pathologists earns an excellent salary. Their average salary is around $191,000 per month.