Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Prasil Das 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

I am looking for 2 year full time MBA programs form from one of the reputed college of Pune but i have there are many other colleges offering the PGDM programs in various subject. So now i am little bit confuse between PGDM and MBA Programs. Please help me to find the suitable one for me.

• #5522 Reply
     avipsitadas 

First of all, you have to look at the difference between PGDM and MBA. You need to weigh out the pros and cons of each. A PGDM is a to some extent a diploma, which means it is a course. I hope you are aware that a Diploma is not the same as a Degree. Most Institutes offer PGDM courses as they are autonomous colleges. But now when you come to think of it a lot of accreditation is needed for it. However, if you go for MBA it would be a better choice.

MBA is, of course, a 2-year management course with a degree that is recognised by almost any foreign or Indian institute so it much better if you pick MBA over PGDM.

Not necessarily that a PGDM is equal to MBA because if PGDM is to be equivalent to MBA then the college offering the PGDM course must have accreditation from AIU (The Association of Indian Universities).
  • #5588 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

In terms of affordability, an MBA is more affordable than a PGDM, generally, because the fee structure of MBAs in various institutes/colleges are determined uniformally by the University they are affiliated to. Whereas those offering PGDM are autonomous units and fix their own fee structure.

• #45662 Reply
     Prasil Das 
    Participant

There are many individuals who are often in a confusion when they are offered a Master’s level course. The confusion worsens up when the B-schools offer various courses in order to enhance their respective academics and management. To help you have a better understanding of what the courses impact in future and help you decide which one is better for your candidature, let us first understand the basic details of this course.

The main difference between MBA and PGDM courses is the affiliations of the Institutions. As MBA degree is provided by the college that is affiliated to Universities under the University Grant Commission (UGC) only, PGDM course is offered by the colleges that are autonomous and are not affiliated to any University. The aspirants who are interested in doing PGDM course has to be very cautious while choosing the college. It is advisable if they choose the college or institute which is affiliated to AICTE. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is an advisory body who plays an important role in the development of technical education in the country.

Reply To: Which course is more affordable MBA or PGDM ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50%    OFF!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account