Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Swati Singh 5 months ago.

• Author
     Swati Singh 

Which branch is better CSE or ECE? Can someone suggest me what to chose among these two?

• #4492 Reply
     Pulkit Sharma 

Depending upon the interest you can choose either cse or ece. Both are the core branches of engineering. If you love programming, coding and networking you can opt for cse. The scope of cse in india is very good right now and as the world is growing its scope is also increasing exponentially. Now taking about the salary, average salary of a computer engineer in india is 3.6 lakh per year which is sufficient for a new engineer.

On the other hand ece is also very common and emerging branch of engineering. If you are good in communication and circuits ece is a good choice. The scope of ece is very high. You can join IT industry, airlines, telecommunication, etc. Indian armed forces also provides jobs for electronics and communication engineers. Jobs in govt. sector are more for ece guys as compared to the cse ones. The average salary of electonics and communication engineers in india is 3 lakh per year.

So first of all find your interest and then taking all these point in mind choose your branch.

All the very best for your future.

Regards..

• #4494 Reply
     Piyush Rai 

Hi Swati,

The answer to this depends on what are you looking for in long term? If its money and you are okay to take up any branch which pays more, I would suggest you to take up CS.

Software Engineers from good colleges earn like anything. Most of the people from other branches who don’t get jobs in their respective fields finally shift and settle with IT/CS jobs at the end.

Many people don’t accept that money has its own importance and take up wrong decisions. Think before you chose. Because what ever you take its gonna be with you forever in you degree.! Take up ECE only if you are really passionate about the branch and want to pursue it in future.

Best of luck 😀

• #6176 Reply
     Olivia Das 

Computer Science Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE) both have there own beauty

ECE is one of the most wanted course on par with Computer Science. Electronics is basically the circuitry used in every electronic gadget. The course will deal with various circuits and concepts which are in use now. It is not a course where one can master both the electronic and computer domains and be comfortably sitting for placements.

CSE is about understanding the concepts involved in computers.

It all depends on your interest. You can succeed only when you do what interests you!

Advantage in CS, as all the top e-commerce companies come for CS with high package.

Advantage in ECE, you can sit for all types of companies.

Choose what you like 🙂

• #6222 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

I think your choice should be based upon your interest and the consideration of the following:

Placement in VIT relating to ECE/CSE

Only the shifting of the graduates to the services based companies, as clerks, happen from VIT.

Teaching in VIT relating to ECE/CSE

Since, there are better quality video tutorials available on web, it should not be a matter of concern to any engineering student.

Scope of CSE/ECE in the future

There is infinite scope of research in all the existing engineering fields in India. As, the Indian engineering curriculum is 40 years old, it is not of much use to the present day world. Moreover, anyone can become a world class computer engineer, even without going to any engineering college.

So choose your interest. 🙂

• #8978 Reply
     Kishan Kamlesh 

Since both of the branches mentioned by you are core engineering branches i suppose, and i know I’m not the first one to tell you this, it all boils down to your own interests and strengths. Do you love coding? Can you, in the future, tolerate a desk job staring at a screen for 6 hours? Yes? Go for CSE. Otherwise since the only other option mentioned by you is ECE you’d have to go for that.

A better way of judging shall be by going through some of the first semester syllabus before you choose a branch and see what appeals you. What makes you work, what makes your brains tick! And I’m not talking about indepth studies here, just surfacial skimming, and trust me when you find something interesting. You’d know what to choose.

Hope this helps!

• #8992 Reply
     Arathi Nayak 

ECE and Computer Science are both very good branches. I used the following factors to decide between the two.

1. What interests me more?

CS is about computers, coding, databases, microprocessors etc. You need to have genuine passion for coding and computers to excel in this subject.

ECE is about electonics and communication. It is completely different from CSE.

2.  CS is assumed to be slightly easier than ECE

Personally I feel, difficulty of the subject depends on the person. But ECE syllabus is known to be bigger than CS in some colleges. The labs are known to be tougher.

3. Placements

The college I chose had better CS placements than ECE.

• #9002 Reply
     Devashish Rao Inapakurti 

ECE will be better becuse now a days all the departments in the course Bachelor of Technology are learning all major courses of CSE.An ECE student does learn C,C++,JAVA,PYTHON and in addition his/her core subjects regarding to ECE.In CSE the student has C,C++,JAVA as their core subjects.They donot learn anything additional to their core subjects.An ECE student can work in a software company after a perfect training or can work in a company like electronics or etc,but  a CSE student can only work in a software company.All the best on any choice.

• #9422 Reply
     Amit Kumar 

Logic!

Is the key around which both of the industries revolve. I think a lot of answers have been given above by users and I’m convinced to some extent too.

I would like to add that in CSE your focus can extend towards artificial intelligence which is the evolving domain of applied learning in computers. Here the focus is on solving real life problems. Bio-informatics is also gearing up these days.

This would be useful in understanding things better https://edugorilla.com/computer-science-engineering-cse-vs-electronics-and-communication-engineering-ece/

Reply To: Which branch is better CSE or ECE?
Your information:

Comment

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50% OFF!
icon

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account