- 02/05/2017 at 12:00 am #7286Tanya NigamMember
It is the most flexible field and opens huge variety of options.
Mainstream courses- B-tech, B.Sc, B-Arch, BCA
Creative- animation, graphics and multimedia, journalism and mass, web development and designing.
commercial pilot, merchant navy
Defence- army, airforce ,navy
Designing- bachelor of planning, interior designer
Management- BBA, MBA, B-Com, Event management
Others- Travel and tourism, Law(LLB), hotel management, fashion technology, environmental science, teaching courses.
Take your time and choose wisely according to your interest.
- 02/05/2017 at 12:00 am #7300madhumullapatiMember
We have many options available after 12th.
- The usual ones among them are doing Engineering for 4 years with different courses such as Computer Science, Mechanical, civil, Electrical Engineering, etc. Now a days CSE is booming because of the software jobs.
- You may take 3 years of degree like B.Sc, B.Com, BMS, BCA, etc. and continue it by doing PG i.e., M.Sc, MCA, MBA etc. and have a good career in that too.
And if you want to do something unique, you always have various options such as
- Mass communication through which you can get into mass media like News channel reporters, RJ, etc. You can take journalism too.
- You can get into Navy, Army or Air force if you have strong feelings for serving the country. But there are really some strict prerequisites to be followed related to age, health, fitness, etc.
- If you are interested in designing and creating stuff and always follows the latest trend, you can be a fashion designer.
- There are another options like Modelling, Movies, Arts like classical dance or music, pilot, veterinary services, pharmacy, architecture, infrastructure designing, and many more.
Though these are not usual career paths taken, but you can be successful if you love what you do.
- 02/05/2017 at 12:00 am #1230Matthew WolfMember
Hello, I am taking my 12th standard board exams soon. I plan to take a year off to decide which career path to choose. What are the various paths that are open to me after 12th grade of Science?
- 02/06/2017 at 12:00 am #7368shresthi24Member
Being a science student in 12th std, you have many opportunities after your intermediate.You can opt any field after that. Some of these are:
- Engineering: Can compete for many aspiring colleges like iit, nit , iiit, bits etc
- Medical:Can compete for many aspiring colleges like AIIMS, NEET,many more.
- Can opt commerce and prepare for CA exam
- Can opt business management and prepare for MBA.
- Can opt Arts and prepare for SSC, administrative exam
- In defense: Can apply for NAVY, AIR FORCE. They have some technical post also.
- Can join Fashion Designing.
- Can prepare for CLAT exam.
Now,its upon you.Follow your dream and choose most appropriate for you.
Best of Luck..
- 02/06/2017 at 12:00 am #7386Akshay RijhwaniMember
I will advice you not to take a year off since it will increase the number of applicants in your applying year. Suppose 1lakh people are applying for some course or company then the next year other 1lakh new applicants(probably more) will apply along with the previous years applicants. This usually decreases chance of getting selected and there are several other minus points like the students joining from previous years have more exposure and there chances of getting selected is more, the coming batch will be little immature(usually) compared to you. The batch always increases with passing year(or semester in some cases), the best case will be apply as a fresher without a back. Even if you don’t get selected, you will have experience at least, but don’t take it as a good thing. You give your best this year, alot of time left for courses. They are not going anywhere. There will always be some course which will interest you and they have exams this year too. These are some of the options you can get:
Cabin Crew: Airlines offer pretty good amount if you get selected. They have interviews every month. Every student after 12th is eligible to apply.
CDS: You can apply for army. There openings are greater and they have exams every month mostly.
Computers: If you have interest in computers(whether it is coding, development or network security, or anything), you can study from this site and clear all the courses.
Engineering: This is most common opting field which people take, being a engineering student I can tell you that you can study on your own too if you have dedication.
Food Industry: You can also study Hotel Management if that interests you.
Commerce: This is a very chilled out stream for most people. You can go for BMM(mass media) which is mainstream nowadays. BBA(business administration) is a good choice. Bcom is only field where you don’t have to study at all. But after doing this, there are very less(almost none) chances of getting on-campus placements.
Styling: This is also a good field. Celebrity styling is among those jobs which are underestimated in India. If you have interest then you can earn pretty good money being a assistant only. Fashion Designing is also a good field but is mainstream. Makeup styling is also a underestimated job where people earn money without breaking a sweat.
Business: Go for a startup if you have an excellent idea.
Long term: If you are planning for a long term then you can probably do engineering in your favorite field and then opt for PSUs(public sector companies), MBA, MS(masters abroad), UPSC(civil services exam). All these will be open to you only when you complete your graduation.
Being an engineering student I can tell you that the college life will always(mostly) be good but the placements and packages matter a lot. There is no point smoking 10lakhs on something and getting a package(starting) of 3.2 to 5lakhs.
The choice will depend on your interest. I will advice you not to follow a herd if you don’t want to be part of it. There is money in literally everything if you have the interest and guts to do it. Choose wisely, it’s a crucial point where you have many sideroads. Select one wisely.
All the Best! Do well.
- 02/14/2017 at 12:00 am #7658deepjMember
Its completely depend upon your interest. what you want to be in future.
- Remain in the field in which you are from. You have science you can go to many professional courses like engineering,
- Information Technology
- Pure sciences degrees in physics, chemistry, mathematics, statistics etc
2. You can appear in the entrance exams like IIT, AIEEE, Bits and many more to see yourself in the best career in your life.
3. Prepare for the GOVT Jobs. You can go for the class 12th pass govt jobs like SSC CHSL 10+2. Read the SSC CHSL 2017 Syllabus or else first complete your graduation so that you can fight many govt jobs like civil services, UPSE, banking Jobs, SSC, Railways and may other.
4. You can also change your stream and apply for higher education in different field. Depending upon your aptitudes and interest you can make a switch to other course and career options.
5. You can choose vocational course. Vocational courses like Travel and Tourism and Office administration also offer good choice for many.