This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sunaina 1 month ago.

• Author
     Sunaina 

Hello I am gaurav, i’m a bsc.agriculture student. I am very passionate about civil servioces and plan to give them once i graduate.I want to know about syllabus for IAS Preliems

Manikanta 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Hello Gaurav

Firstly I would like to mention that IAS is really a tough exam to crack and you really need to do a lot of hard work. Here are the complete details

The syllabus for Preliminary Exams Paper-I includes mainly the General Studies for which the candidates have to update themselves with the static and dynamic parts of the syllabus.

The Paper – II covers the analytical portion and is called as Atitude Test. In this paper the candidate has to score at least 33% to qualify the Prelims exam.

About Paper 1 – General Studies: This includes areas like; Indian National Movement, Indian Polity, Basic Economic Understanding, Geography. While these are static part of the syllabus, the dynamic part includes current affairs, General Knowledge and that does not proper definition, thus making the syllabus quite vast.

Paper II Aptitude Test: Paper II is dynamic in nature and includes mathematics, reasoning, analytical ability, and interpersonal skills. All these areas require spot mental ability.

The Paper II is now of only qualifying nature and its mark is not counted while making the merit list. However, it is mandatory for the candidate to score minimum 33 per cent in this paper to qualify the Prelims exam.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account