Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Korrapati Srinivasa Rao 1 month ago.

• Author
     Korrapati Srinivasa Rao 

I am really confused whether it is a good option to got for IT at NITK Surathkal, or take CS in some other NIT. I have heard that NITK is really good incase of placements and both IT and CS have almost same set of syllabus and packages. Request someone to help me in making this decision.

Thank you

admin 
    Keymaster

As NITK IT alumnus, with respect to curriculum difference is very minimal, all the subjects but one are same.  Even with respect to placements both of them share same umbrella.

However, having said that, only because of historical reasons, CS has higher median of AIEEE ranks in comparison to that of IT.

NITK created this branch just to accommodate more students because of increasing demand of IT graduates in India.

Olivia Das 

IT is a part of Computer Science , which deals with the study of the various technologies that are in use.

Computer Science is a core field of study in which you can also pursue research as well

where as

IT is the derived field which provides education regarding the technologies that have been already introduced and implemented.

In my opinion CS definitely has the edge because of wider range of opportunities and job available .

Demand for both CS and IT is evergreen so you can opt for any of these courses. If you are more interested in software go for CS and if you are more into hardware go for IT 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account