- 02/27/2018 at 12:00 am #10312SOURABH SWAMIMember
You have great career options with Arts and Humanities
First complete your graduation from subjects like geography, economics or polity and many more.
Next do post graduation in the given subject with minimum of 55 % in the post graduation and then go for Preparation of for UGC NET Exam. Click here for more details
You can make a wonderful career in the lectureship as well as in the Research and get scholarships too.
You will have good salary as a lecturer and wonderful career ahead
- 02/27/2018 at 12:00 am #4330rahul sharmaParticipant
What is the career options in Arts and Humanities
- 03/30/2018 at 12:00 am #10358utkarsh gaurMember
The humanities and arts basically consists of subjects like commercial arts, Philosophy, psychology, economics, sociology, political science, statistics, literature and languages etc. The junior college generally consists anew introduction to all these subjects wherein you can select your choice of major for the next three years of graduation. I will try to expand the career opportunities you can have by choosing any of the subjects.
1. Economics : Data anaylyst, several options in the banking sector where they have special posts for eco graduates. Basically a corporate 9-5 job would be tailor made for you.
2. Psychology : A therapist, counsellor, advisor etc.
3. Philosophy : Human resource management actually need people from philosophy background. Areas which includes ethics and logical thinking would be great as a career for a philosophy major student.
4. Political science : Get into hardcore politics. It’s high time we have seen people who actually know the science and philosophy of politics, practise it.
5. Sociology : A career in government sector which includes family planning, development seems apt for a sociology major.
6. Language and literature : A knack and skill for writing along with passion for it, will take you places with this chosen field.
Apart from these, an arts and humanities background student can always opt for Civil services, jobs in policy making, urban planning and development ,academics, research and development, media, law etc. Take an aptitude test, find your calling and go for it. Hope this helps!