Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Santosh Kumar Santosh Kumar 2 months ago.

• Author
    Santosh Kumar Santosh Kumar 

What is the best time to start preparing for IIT-JEE????

• #4516 Reply
    Anirudh Jitani Anirudh Jitani 

It would be better if you start your JEE preparation after your Class 10 boards. You can take IIT coaching alongside your school if you want as the courses taught in both the places would almost be going and in hand. One small advice – learn the basics of differentiation and integration before you start with your Physics as you would need it.

• #4586 Reply
    Aniket Rege Aniket Rege 

Hi Santosh,

In my honest opinion, the best time to start preparation for JEE Advanced, as it is now known, is after the 10th standard board exams. There are many coaching institutes which begin preparation as early as 5th and 6th standard, but this is highly unnecessary, and in my opinion piles pressure on the child when he should be outside playing and enjoying childhood. Two years is more than sufficient time to prepare. All you need is focus, determination, and hard work. Good luck!

• #6088 Reply
    Shraddha Goel Shraddha Goel 

Right from the beginning of class 11th, you must start focussing on fundamentals and take up coaching for preparation 🙂

• #7194 Reply
    Siddharth Tiruvalluri Siddharth Tiruvalluri 

Hi!

I think you should start preparing for IIT-JEE right away. There’s no right or opportune time. First things first. Write out a schedule so that you are regular and improve consistently. Depending on how much time you have to the exam, you can spread out the work so you don’t feel too pressurized. There’s an important thing you should remember: never overdo it. Avoid overworking or you will burn yourself out and will no longer be able to focus, work hard and improve. I’m not going to try coaxing you with pretty lies. Making and maintaining a schedule is hard work. Several things may try to stop you. It may be extra work given by your school, personal problems, lack of motivation, etc. You must still flounder through this as best you can and hope to get the best result. For example, you arrive home late and it messes up your schedule. In this case, do not quit or take a “pause” for the day. Instead, decrease your workload scheduled for that day. Do less than usual, but do something. Make sure to take a step forward every day. Small steps or large is not a big deal.

Best of luck on your endeavors 🙂

• #7218 Reply
    Abhishek Satyavolu Abhishek Satyavolu 

Hello!

The answer to this question varies from person to person. It depends on how much a person can study and how much they can learn. But for the most part, I say you need at least 1 year of preparation to crack JEE Advanced and get a good rank to get yourself to a good IIT and a good branch. Keep in mind that you have to write and qualify JEE Mains first in order for you to attempt JEE Advanced.

The reason I say you need 1 year of preparation is that there is a section cut off in JEE. This means that Maths, Physics and Chemistry each have their individual cutoff marks to qualify. So if you’re weak in any of these subjects you need extra time to prepare well and score higher than the cutoff. Also, you will have enough time to write mock tests and solve previous years’ question papers.

I advise you to plan your year carefully and adhere to your plan. All you need is dedication and motivation and you’re good to go!

All the best!

• #7234 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

If you really have a target to crack the IIT then the preparation must start right from the childhood.

Having the basics is really important to achieve your target.

There are several schools which provide the IIT training right from the beginning of the academic year.Such type of training will be really helpful for you to achieve your target..

• #7252 Reply
    Laxmipriya Laxmipriya 

Hello.
    It’s never too soon or late to work for something you really dream about. If you have realized that cracking IIT-JEE is your goal, don’t waste any time now for just deciding on a goal is often tough and time consuming for many.Though right after standard 10 is considered the best time but it doesn’t hurt to be an early bird if you really aim yourself to be studying at IIT.

Start honing your mathematical skills and read topics helpful for the exam as much as you can but don’t at all overdo. Joining a good coaching centre has been proved to be quite helpful to keep you serious but that doesn’t reflect that one can’t do without such help. Keep in mind, you need to build strong concept on theories aswell as reasoning. It demands lots of hard work,loads of sacrifices and absolute concentration.

Further if you want to go into details of the preparation I’d suggest you to read the book – Psychology of Success in IIT-JEE by Anuj Khare.

All the best for your future endeavors.
    Thank you.

• #7288 Reply
    anushka_bajpai anushka_bajpai 

Well it differs from one individual to another.I have had friends who couldn’t crack JEE(mains) even after 7 years of coaching(from class 6th to 12th) and at the same time i had friends who cracked the mains examination by only attending the 15 day crash course before the exam. So its neither too late or too soon. All you need is focus and dedication.

But most of the students go for 2 years coaching programme so i would recommend the same to you. The pressure on this coaching duration is comparatively lower and gives immense time to enhance your knowledge and practice vigorously on each topic.

Reply To: What is the best time to start preparing for IIT-JEE????
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account