This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anuj Jindal 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Aniket

Hi,

Sir I had completed my m.com, I was not able to take a decision for what to do and how to do. So you could please suggest me what I need to do. Is it good decision for me or not?

• #2188256 Reply
     Anuj Jindal

Jobs for Net Qualified & JRF Holders & Salaries
    The scope and benefits of clearing UGC NET exams, lie mostly in posts that are academic in their disposition and are most likely to be found in universities and colleges.

According to the skill set you have; you can choose to teach the following class of students:

Undergraduate level students
    Professional students
    Post-doctorate fellows
    Apart from the teaching and research posts in universities, the one who clears the UGC NET can also choose to work in specific PSUs that accept a UGC NET qualification score in the hiring process.

UGC NET JRF Scholarships
    Assuming that you become eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship program (JRF) after scoring well in your UGC NET exams, you may choose to pursue your Ph.D. in any university or institute that comes under the NET coordinated institutes.

Being a JRF you become entitled to receive a fellowship for 5 years.
    The fellowship, for the first 2 years will include a monthly stipend of (31000 INR + House rent allowance)/month. For the next 3 years the stipend increases to (35000INR along with the HRA)/month.
    Salary of an Assistant Professor
    As I have mentioned in the above sections, clearing the UGC NET and becoming an assistant professor is not as hard as becoming a junior research fellow.

However, if selected, you can expect an initial salary ranging from 30000 INR – 60000 INR per month (for private institutes), and 70000 INR – 120000 INR (for govt. institutes). The salary is generally computed after considering your skills, UGC NET scores, and the institute you applied to.

Oh! By the way, if you want to know more about the salary of a UGC NET qualifier, click here.

Also, you may choose to join as a teacher at a UGC NET coaching institute.

Public Sector Jobs & Other Career Options
    You may also apply to some of the most renowned Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) after your UGC NET qualification.

Reply To: What is the benefit after clearing UGC NET exam?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account