Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 

hello team members

could anyone please help me in getting to know some details of an aeronautical engineer. i want to have some clear idea about this because i want to choose this as my career. so please kindly help me in knowing some details using the same. i will be waiting for the quicker reply. As per your suggestions i will be able to choose my final decision in being completely taken away by others

• #8060 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

hi omkar

so you are interested in pursuing the aeronautical and also very much fascinated regarding this. so here are the details

An aeronautic engineer is the individual who is responsible for the design, building and science of aircraft. The field is closely related to astronautical engineering; both aeronautical and astronautical engineering are branches of aerospace engineering. The topics involved in aeronautic engineering include propulsion, materials science, avionics and aerodynamics.

Education Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, although pursuing a master’s degree in aeronautic engineering will improve job opportunities
    Job Skills Skills in math and physical science, mechanical and technical skills, writing and business knowledge, analytical, critical-thinking, and the ability to work well with others
    Median Salary (May 2015) $107,830
    Job Outlook (2014-2024) 2% decline (Aerospace engineers)

Source: United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)

Job Duties

Job duties may include research and development, testing, parts assembly and/or the maintenance of aircraft or missiles. Some aeronautic engineers specialize in studying the effects of aircraft on the environment, the potential dangers of new aircraft technologies or fuel efficiency. Within aeronautical engineering, a person may focus on the design of aircraft systems, also called avionics, or materials research and selection.

Educational Requirements

Individuals who have an interest in becoming an aeronautic engineer are encouraged to prepare for the career path well in advance by focusing their studies on science and mathematics in high school. Bachelor’s degrees in fields relating to aerospace engineering are typically required of aeronautic engineers. Some firms may be willing to accept applicants who hold related engineering or science degrees. Opportunities for employment increase for those with a master’s degree in aeronautic engineering. Some colleges and universities offer cooperative programs or internship opportunities that allow students to gain hands-on experience as they finish their degree programs. No licensing is required for entry-level engineering positions; however, engineers in higher-level positions must be licensed as professional engineers.

Reply To: what is an aeronautical engineer
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account