- 07/16/2019 at 9:01 am #1488530EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
What do you understand by Marginal Standing Facility?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Rate of interest which is levied on Short-Term loans taken by commercial banks from RBI.
- Rate at which commercial banks charge on their surplus funds with RBI.
- The amount a commercial bank needs to maintain in the form of cash, or gold or government approved securities (Bonds) before providing credit to its customers.
- It is defined in Sec 49 of RBI Act 1934 as the ‘standard rate at which RBI is prepared to buy or rediscount bills of exchange or other commercial papers eligible for purchase under this act’.
- Marginal standing facility (MSF) is a window for banks to borrow from the Reserve Bank of India in an emergency situation when inter-bank liquidity dries up completely.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad