This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Suresh kumar 3 months, 2 weeks ago.
- 05/06/2016 at 12:00 am #29Suraj KalraMember
What are the options available after 11th if i were to take up commerce?
- 05/06/2016 at 12:00 am #4462Piyush RaiMember
There are innumerable options (all excluding engineering, medicine and science related fields) To list out just a few, it could be Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary, Civil Services, various branches of military service, banking, investment banking, communications, visual arts, computer applications, travel and tourism, teaching, economics, etc etc
- 05/21/2016 at 12:00 am #4598Pulkit SharmaMember
There are various options for commerce students. You can choose among these:
- Chartered Accountancy
- Civil services. Etc…
- 05/31/2016 at 12:00 am #4778Prashant KumarMember
Gone were the times, when Engineering and Medical streams was only visible to students when they used to think and look around themselves! But times have changed. A student, if works smartly-hard, can be as successful at par with an IIT or AIIMS student!
Just see below, what (courses) can be taken up after you have chosen Commerce in 1st year of +2 along with(duration), (features):
- B. Com- 3 yrs- difficulty associated with this course is not too high, good variety of scope for further studies.
- B.B.A. -3 yrs – If M.B.A. also done after that, then higher demand. Or can be recruited after private/govt. companies directly after B.B.A.
- C.A. -To become a C.A., one has to successfully complete Chartered Accountancy course and become a member of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India).- Looks to financial affairs of company.
- Integrated Law course- 5 yrs-It is a combination of General Graduation course and L.L.B.- one may take up job in any law firm at the beginning. Gradually, one may start up on one’s own private practice, start a consulting firm or even start an own law firm!
- Bachelor of Economics-3 yrs- Commerce stream students will find easier to pursue!
- C.S. (Company Secretary)- And to become a C.S., one has to appear for Company Secretaryship course and clear the exams associated with the course. ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) is the Institute that has been tasked by the Government to conduct the course as well as examination!
- Hotel Management -4 yrs course-Opportunities in Private and Public sectors
- Animation and Multimedia Courses-6 months to 3 yrs (depends upon intensiveness of course)-Job opportunities are available in ample amounts.
- Journalism and Mass communication Courses-1 to 3 yrs-Talking about job opportunities, one may get job in major media houses, both print as well as digital media.
- Event Management Courses- 1 to 3 yrs- You will get mastery over customized and general events!
- Fashion design and Technology-1 to 4 yrs-To thrive in this field, you need to have creativity as well as interest towards fashion and designing.
- Bachelor of Statistics- 3 yrs B.Stat.- B.Stat. program is suitable for those who are interested in mathematics and love playing around with data and numbers!
- Actuarial Science-(duration not sure)- For skill in risk-analysis in insurance and financial sector.
- C.M.A. – Certified Management Accountant
- 01/03/2017 at 12:00 am #6642Olivia DasMember
You may pursue professional courses like CA, CS or ICWA along with your B.Com Degree. ICWA: Becoming a Cost & Works Accountant is among the good options after 12th for Commerce. A student from any stream after having passed the 10+2 examination is eligible to appear for the Foundation Course.
Scope for Higher Studies
After completing graduation in commerce, aspirants have a wide range of options for higher studies. They can do post graduation in any of the streams like
- International Studies
Other professional programs of study include MBA and MCA. Those who are interested in research can do the PhD programs with various specializations.
Other Certification Courses
There are many certification courses in Commerce that the aspirants can opt for on completion of their graduation in Commerce. Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), ICWA, CFP and Company Secretary Ship (CS) are some of the available courses. They can also choose among Stock Broking or the relevant Computer courses like Tally and accounting softwares. Chartered Accountancy is a very respectable profession in commerce stream. Their work mainly involves auditing, accounting and tax related matters. Stock Brokers’ work profile includes transactions of securities for individuals or institutions in stock exchanges.
There are plentiful job opportunities for the commerce graduates in India and abroad. On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can seek out for career in public and private undertakings. Various tests are conducted in public sector for the recruitment of these graduates. They can attend the U.P.S.C. exams, Combined Defense Services exam, Air Force Accounts exams and so on. Aspirants can also apply for the banking sector jobs like clerical and Probationary Officers jobs. Those who wish for a career abroad should write the GRE/GMAT exam. Professionals can apply for jobs in industries, media and communication and in multi national companies. They can also work in health care, educational institutions, and in financial service sector.
- 01/04/2017 at 12:00 am #6650Shraddha GoelMember
After commerce, you can enter into any field ranging from management, business, graduation in commerce, banking sector, stock market, international business, economics, chartered accountancy, cost accounting, auditing, taxes, teaching, start-ups, partnership firm, invesment sector, insurance sector, communications, law, statistics, etc. These are specifically related to commerce but apart from this you can anytime go for a government job, civil services, humanities and arts, computers, etc. This field is vast and indeed interesting.
All the best with your choices 🙂
- 04/05/2021 at 12:52 pm #2152062Suresh kumar
Commerce is a study about the business economical part of the legal, social, political, technological, and cultural system. Commerce is the main feature of the market and the economy of the company. Commerce is a popular stream for hsc in India. Courses after 12th commerce have a lot of scopes in the future. After 12th you should choose a course for your higher studies. List of Option courses for commerce students in India
1. Bachelor of Commerce
2. Bachelor of Laws
3. Cost and Management Accountant
4. Chartered Accountancy
5. Bachelor of Business Administration
6. Bachelor of Economics
7. Journalism and Mass Communication
If you are interested to choose a management course for your higher studies then Campushunt will help you to get admission to the best college in India. Campushunt is one of the topmost education portals in India. In my opinion kristu jayanti school of management is one of the best management colleges in India. kristu jayanti school of management provides a good infrastructure and placements for students to achieve their education goals.
List of best management colleges in India:
1.kristu jayanti school of management
2.presidency college of management
3.MS Ramaiah college of arts science and commerce
4.East point group management studies
5.Krupanidhi School of Management
6.BGS GLOBAL-SJB COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
7.ST.-BENEDICT’S management studies
8.impact college of management bangalore
If you want to know more details then Call 7204289473 else check campushunt website for more details