This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Abhinav Tiwari 5 months ago.

• Author
     Abhinav Tiwari 

What are the job options if I have graduated from History?

• #4660 Reply
     Navneet Anand 

Hello Abhinav, Some of the best career option for History Major are-

1.Archivist

2.Teacher/Professor/Educator

3.Writer/Historian

4.Archaeologist

6.Government Jobs.

Thank You.

• #5390 Reply
     Chesta Yadav Yadav 

Those who like the teaching profession can get the B.Ed (after BA) or M.Ed (after MA) degree and apply for teacher or lecturer positions. Many other job options are available too.  A few include:

• Archivists
    • Information Managers
    • Librarians
    • Politician
    • Public Relations officer
    • Records Managers

They can even appear for Bank tests and get jobs as Probationary Officers or Clerks, or work with news papers or magazines. Students of history with a professional degree in journalism can get jobs with magazines like Business India, Outlook and National Geographic Magazine etc. and you can a;so apply for government jobs

thank you

all the best

• #5994 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

Following are your options after History Honours:

1. Graduation with hons in History opens your way to all the jobs with graduation as minimum eligibility criteria such as SSC, UPSC or IBPS/Bank PO.
    2. Teaching: If you want to teach at secondary level i.e. class 6th to class 10th, you may go for B. Ed. and if you wish to teach at senior secondary level i.e. 11th and 12th, you would have to do Masters in History. To teach at university level Masters in History with NET is required (many universities prefer M.Phil /PhD)
    3. Museum Curator: These are the people who guide you in museums. If you like Museums then you may go for M.A in Museology.
    4. Conservationist: This  profession came into highlight after Deepika Padukone’s Love AajKal. You would have to work for restoration of architecture. To become a conservationist you may opt MA in Conservation.
    5. Similar to architecture restoration there is demand of art and painting restoration, if you are inclined towards art then Masters in History of Art is recommended. Art historians are huge in demand in Art galleries and museums.
    6. Archaeologist: If you love ancient history, this can be your dream profile. MA in Archeology is most sought after course among History graduates.
    7. With increase in production of period movies and TV serials there is demand of people with History background who can do research for costumes, jewelery, background set and culture-customs. You may join production house as Research Assistant.

• #6568 Reply
     Olivia Das 

Hi,

Here are job options :

• Journalism and Mass Communication
    • Museum Curator
    • Art Restorer
    • Library and Information Scientist
    • Archaeologist
    • Research

For a details answer:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-my-career-options-after-doing-graduation-in-history-honours-from-Delhi-University

http://www.minglebox.com/arts/courses/history

https://www.popxo.com/2016/08/career-options-after-ba-hons/

Reply To: What are the job options if I have graduated from History?
Your information:

Comment

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50% OFF!
icon

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account