This topic contains 0 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Santosh Tharwani 1 month ago.

• Author
     Santosh Tharwani 

What are pros and cons of higher education after B.tech?????

Aanchal Salecha 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Hi,

To answer your question, a masters in B.Tech relies on the subject you pursue your masters in and its scope in the current scenario. However, in general, masters increases your probability of finding a good job, higher starting salary and gives you a helpful specialized learning experience.

However, if you choose to do masters only to have the degree, then it is advisable that you start working.

Thank you

Pulkit Sharma 

Hi Santosh,

Well getting a Masters degree is always an advantage . You will be having an edge in terms of skills as compared to those not having Masters degree. But it is more helpful if you get some work experience of a least 2 years this will help you understand the concepts of your branch better.

Thank you!!

Olivia Das 

Hi,

Advantage of b-tech: You get a job as soon as you pass your b-tech 😉

Advantage of m-tech : Obviously scope for career widens! 🙂

Depends on= what you feel like is your moto in life!

Shraddha Goel 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Higher studies in the same subject after BTech will widen your horizons and expand your knowledge base, consequently improving job prospects and earnings.

There is no con of studying per se. 🙂

Shravya H.M. 

Hello Santhosh,

Students can pursue their masters directly after they complete their bachelor’s or do so after completion of a period of employment, some students choose to take a year off before they decide what they would like to do.

Whichever the case may be, the pros and cons of the master’s degree would be based on the following factors:

• current trends in the industry in the specialized field
    • requirement of master’s students ( which is mostly always a yes because students have a better understanding of the subjects)
    • some companies require previous work experience and jumping into doing your master’s immediately after you degree, would make you a fresher. Whereas some companies do not take this into account.
    • If you’re doing your master’s abroad, you should try seeking some job experience before returning to your country (if that’s your intention)

But overall, it would depend on your reasons and certainty in the specialized branch for pursuing a master’s degree, because at the end of it, the prospects should be better for professionals with a larger knowledge base.

Good Luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account