This topic contains 0 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew Wolf 1 month ago.

• Author
     varun gupta 

Hello, Pankaj there is an easy way to learn English and faster. Read the English newspaper and listen to English songs. Watch English movies and the last idea is to use chatting site and talk in English.

Tanya Nigam 

Hello, well there are numerous ways to improve your English at home.

Try reading English newspaper daily, read different novels, watch English movies with subtitles

Read English language books for proper usage of verb and tense. Refer dictionary for increasing vocabulary.

Try conversing in english with people whether on chatting or talking.

Remember practicing can only increase your confidence in english.

If possible watch BBC.

Tanya Nigam 

Try reading English newspaper daily, read different novels, watch English movies with subtitles

Read English language books for proper usage of verb and tense. Refer dictionary for increasing vocabulary.

If possible watch BBC.

Tanya Nigam 

If possible watch BBC.

S. VASAVI SATYA KIRANMAYEE 

Hello Pankaj,

You have good writing skills in English. However, to improve the oral communication, start communicating only in English with everyone you meet including your family members, irrespective of gramitical mistakes.

While communicating in English, you may find someone with excellent command over English.

Try to find out such person & let that person correct your mistakes & you need to consider such situations positively.

Slowly you can improve your oral communication & can get commandon English.

madhumullapati 

The main skills that helps us to learn English are Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading.

Each of them can be improved using different methods:

a. Listening:-

1. Daily watch English news like BBC or CNN. At first you may not understand the foreign accent but slowly within 15 days you will get to find the difference.
    2. Watch English movies along with the subtitles and try to find out the meaning of the words you don’t know. This will improve your vocabulary.

b. Speaking:

1. This is the most important part of communication. For this you need to start speaking in English, no matter how many mistakes you are gonna make. Have a chat with your friends. Ask someone to tell you if you go wrong anywhere.
    2. If you feel shy to do that, you can stand in front of the mirror and start speaking about what have you done since the morning, tell the story of a movie, etc. This will surely gain you confidence and you will get rid of stage fear and problem with talking in front of people.
    3. When you speak, grammar is really important. Be good with the grammar by knowing the rules of Tenses, voices. Try taking some online tests on Grammar to make yourself better in them.

c. Reading:

1. You can read the novels, news papers, etc. and find out the meanings of the new words.

d. Writing:

1. Though you have good skills in speaking, it is important to have drafting skills too i.e., writing. It is useful to form emails, creating memos, creating presentations, sending circular at the office, etc.
    2. For this you need to be good at the Grammar and start writing out essays about a topic and start writing emails.

This is not a process you can do in 1 day or a week. But in few days by following these, you will surely find the difference

prakriti_verma 

Hey , No worries !

Start reading novels and english newspaper it will help you improve your vocabulary .

Also start conversatig in english as much as possible !

You can join english speaking coaching centres as well !

Try to know how to use adjectives properly in a sentence !

Matthew Wolf 

Hello, I am new to  Bangalore and have come here from Tumkur. My English is very weak and I really want to improve it because I feel that it would improve my job prospects. How can I improve my English language?

ayus777shrivastav 

Hi Pankaj,

I know this is very hard, I’ve gone through a similar situation, and even today, I can’t say that my English is good. But, it has improved a lot. I’ll tell you the tricks which I tried for attaining a comfortable level with this language. I know that reading novels, newspapers and listening to English songs is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is useless if you do not pursue it regularly. I’ve been through this also, but if you feel like you can do it with proper determination, go for it. Otherwise, here are the things which i tried for getting rid of that awkwardness which we often feel because of improper English.

First of all, stop thinking in your native language and then translating, the problem starts when you try to translate the sentences in your mind. Try thinking in English only, our mind is a very powerful tool, it can work terribly fast. Once you start doing this, you can start conversing with others without any hesitation. Also, try listening to your favorite song and try to translate it into English. Do it as fast as you can and trust me, it really helps a lot. It teaches you how to use adjectives properly. Then the second problem comes with pronunciation. There’s nothing to worry about it, you can improve it in a very short duration. Try saying a word in different tones and then use it in a sentence. Always try to make simpler and clearer sentences.

Always remember, your aim is to get comfortable speaking skills, and for that, you don’t need a very splendid vocabulary, that is a different lesson to learn!!

Don’t lose confidence when you are corrected by someone, see those people as your helpers even when they humiliate. They are the ones who can boost up your determination. Without any hesitation, try to speak in English at every single opportunity you get.

Remember, there is only one person who can stop you from learning, and that is you!

All the best!

Feel free to contact me if required.

Muskan Soni 

you can enhance your english skills by the book Renen Martin, read newspaper, and novels of your interest, focus on words and grammer that has been used. You can also watch english movies, shows, and listen to songs to get that accent.

shresthi24 

Hello Pankaj

It is not a big issue and it is not something for what you should be ashamed of . Just think yourself as a beginner and always starve to learn something new and new. The more you have passion of learning English, the fast you can learn. There are some steps that will surely help you to improve our English.

(i) Always try to communicate with others in English. Never mind ,What others will think or whether you are speaking correct or not.

(ii) Start watching English serials/series/Movies along with their subtitles. So that you can understand .Not only this try to use their dialogues in your day to day life.

(iii) Reading novels, newspapers,articles is also a way to improve your  English. Always make a note of vocabulary and try to use that in your conversation.

(iv) Apart from this, start to learn grammar  and try to improve your grammatical errors day by day.

(v) You must have heard , AS YOU LABOUR , SO THE PAY. So,ultimately it’s all on you.

One more thing, Start learning a new thing is easy and fascinating but to reach till end become more and more challenging.Many people lose their hope in mid-way. Always make a note”He who begins and does not finish loses his labour”.

Have Patience and be laborious.This is the key for learning not only English but anything.

P.s. – Some video tutorials are also available on “edugorilla.com” site. Go and take a look.

All the very best

Shubham Gupta 

A journey of thousand miles start with a single step. And that single and most efficient step is to remove hesitation and fear of being laughed at. You’ll have to admit that initially people will laugh at you but no one has gained anything by mocking anyone else. You’ll have to try and deliver with confidence only to realize that after people will accept you and see you as a fluent spokesperson. You’ll have to fake it till you make it. It worked for me. Best of luck?

Tushar Singh 

HEY!
    I am new to Bangalore too!High 5 on that one!

Go through the English Newspaper front page everyday word by word. Read it aloud. Mark the words whose meaning you do not know. After reading, go through the dictionary and search the meaning of those words.

Devashish Rao Inapakurti 

1.Don’t lose your confidence​.

2.Before speaking in english try to understand english because you can only anwer to a person iff you understand what he is speaking.

2.Watch Hollywood movies and try to watch them without subtitles because you need to understand what the other person is talking.

3.Talk to yourself infront of a mirror.

4.Watch english news BBC,NDTV etc.

5.Try to converse with your friends and family in english because they will tell your mistakes and will never let you down.

Arathi Nayak 

Read as much as you can. Start with simple books and magazines. Then gradually move on to harder books. Read the newspaper every day
    Try to write something every day. A story, a poem or simply the things that happened in your day since morning.
    Find someone to converse in English with.
    Ask for criticism and work on the feedback
    Watch English T.V. shows and movies without subtitles in your language.
    As a child, we learned our mother tongue through observing the people around us speak. So try to create a similar atmosphere for yourself that enables you to learn english.

Ritika Sharma 

Hello Pankaj,

There are few simple steps you can use for improving English,

1. read books
    2. write summary of books you have read using at least 4 new words you have learnt.
    3. read newspapers and other articles and try to correlate the language used in different areas. You will definitely find some similarity.
    4. Try to use new words and phrases that you have learnt that day.
    5. Above all those reading, writing ans speaking, you need to think in English. Remember whatever you think, think in English, this does a great deal in improving your language.

Thank You and all the best

Ayush Karanwal 

Hi…
    You Probably have seen the tips above about improving English…
    and they are good too…
    I am just going to tell you one little secret trick that i used to improve my English. If you are shy like me then probably its hard to just boldly start conversing in English. So use this trick to initially tackle your fears..
    “THINK IN ENGLISH”
    That’s right we are always wondering about stuff here and there, It has been proven that an average human being’s thoughts wonder about for 30% of their time. So try to start thinking in English. It’s gonna be hard in the beginning, but trust me in a few months trying this you will subconsciously automatically thinking in English.
    no one to judge you in this you are your own coach. Get Thinking… All The Best!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account