This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Matthew Wolf Matthew Wolf 2 months ago.

• Author
    Matthew Wolf Matthew Wolf 

Hello,

I am a student. I have completed my 12th grade with a percentage of 92 and have taken a year off to decide what I want to do and focus on getting there. I’ve chosen to make a bright career as an engineer. And out of curiosity, what are the top paid branches in Engineering?

• #6868 Reply
    Shravya H.M. Shravya H.M. 

Hey Surya,

Firstly, congratulations on that amazing¬†high score in your 12th grade exams! ūüėÄ

Engineering is chosen by millions of students every year as a field of study because of the lack of STEM students due to the rising demand for them everyday. And most Engineering jobs are well paid. Here are the top paid Engineering branches in the country:

• Comuputer Science/ Information Science Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Civil¬†Engineering
    • Electrical¬†Engineering
    • Electronics¬†Engineering
    • Chemical Engineering

When you look at college placements in colleges (besides the top IITs, NITs, BITS Pilanis, etc) year after year, the students of branches besides CSE just gawk at the ridiculously high pays some CSE students receive as their first salaries. But don’t get me wrong the other branches have high paying roles as well. But the high paying jobs for these students seem to be higher in number, particularly during placements.

• #7016 Reply
    Mugeera Patel Mugeera Patel 

You should always choose a branch based on your liking and not the highest paid salary after. Various branches demand various skill set. If you do not like complex maths or logic then CS is not for you. If you have always hated chemistry you should not go for chemical engineering. You should choose your branch with great care is because majority of your time i.e. 70% will be towards your career in your whole life. Value your Liking for a particular subject first.
    And the Top 5 Branches that are likely to be the highest Paid ones are as follows:
    1.Computer Science
    2.Electrical/Electronics
    3.Maths and Computin/Mechanical
    4.Engineering Physics/Chemical Engineering
    5.Civil Engineering

• #7040 Reply
    Utsav Shah utsav_shah 

Hi There!

Congratulations on your great result ! Good wishes as well for choosing engineering.

To answer your question, you should not be worried about what the top paying jobs are. Rather you should concentrate more on the process of learning and making your basics strong. If you are good at something, a good job will automatically follow. However, today’s world is moving online and a majority of the work is done via electronic medium there is an increase in the demands of Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication and Electronics and Instrumentation Engineers. Therefore job opportunities in these areas¬†are steadily increasing . Giant firms do pay a great amount to their employees.

If you are opting for core engineering branches like Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering, job opportunities are there as well. You need to do a bit of research and be at par with the prevailing trends.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

• #7058 Reply
    Harshpreet Singh Harshpreet Singh 

Hi Surya!

See here, i will draw your attention to two aspects of one’s career choice.One would be -what you like to do and are good at it. Other is the thing which you know is good (maybe better) but you dont have much experience in it.

Well my friend Engineering is not about getting placed after 4 years,it is a long 4 year journey. So it  would be better that you decide what branch you would be comfortable in. yeah for your curiosity sake and my experience i can tell you that Computer Science,Electrical  is very rewarding,but degree alone does not make much difference, You need to put extra effort in it. As in learn something extra apart from your curriculum,makes you more demanding.

Reply To: Top paid branches of Engineering
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account