This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Asad yar Khan 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
     Ajeet 

Hello sir,

What are the qualification necessary for acting school? I completed my 12th exam with 66% marks and I also have school certificates of drama participant and winner. Please guide me for take  admission in India’s best acting school.

• #10144 Reply
     Asad yar Khan 

Hello Rizwan!

You need no specific qualification for acting if you are extremely talented in acting out different roles!

The great Dilip Kumar, who was a fine method actor and the utmost inspiration for all the other later actors, had opted for no course. And so did greats like Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan and the list goes on and on.

Although it is an added benefit to opt for a course from some drama school or acting institute. It instills in you the confidence and the dedication needed for the struggle to bag a dream role you are looking for.

Your school certificates could well help you in getting admissions to one of the top acting colleges. What these colleges see is the acting skills of a candidate and the dedication he has for enrollment.

Here are some top Colleges/Institutes for Acting
    • Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune.
    • National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi.
    • Barry John Acting Studio, Mumbai.
    • Whistling Woods International, Mumbai.
    • R K Films & Media Academy, New Delhi.
    • National Institute of Film and Fine Arts, West Bengal.

For more in-depth information regarding the ABCD of acting career read our upcoming article.

But in the acting, all that matters is how well can you act.

Hope that helps!

Reply To: Top 10 Acting School in India
Your information:

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50%    OFF!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account