- 04/15/2019 at 5:39 am #488514EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Through the 1800s, the form of the corporation took shape in an elaborate dance of wills. Entrepreneurs, torn between building legacies and extracting cash, led the dance; state legislators, torn between attracting corporations and limiting their power, followed. Abuses of corporate will led to new prohibitions, which sent businessmen scurrying for new ways to get around them. New types of technological webs bound the country: railroads, steamships, electric power, telegraph and telephone lines. The newly invented rotary press enabled printers to put out 100,000 copies of a magazine; this, in turn, allowed national advertising to sprout, which made it profitable for consumer product giants to build brands.
What is the underlying theme of the passage?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- The passage describes an idea and elaborates the same.
- The passage analyses various facets of corporate culture.
- The passage is a methodical description of an evolutionary process.
- The passage describes how MNCs dominate human life.
- The passage explains how individual traders turned themselves into corporates.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad