- 04/15/2019 at 5:56 am #488922EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
This question is based on the following passage.
Private suppliers of ed ucation are performing far bet ter than government ones. But Amartya Sen argues for banning private tuitions and non-government schools and states that banning private schools will improve govern ment schools in the long run. Private tuitions must be banned because they give the rich an edge, hence making the poor suffer. If we want to see our government schools in a better shape; we simply need to adhere to Sen`s suggestions.
Which of the following, if true, would most weaken the author`s argument for banning private tuitions?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Ban on private tutorship will hinder growth of students who can otherwise progress well.
- The government should first take steps to improve the quality of tutorship in government schools.
- Enforcing such bans would be a serious violation of fundamental rights of private suppliers of ed ucation.
- Private suppliers of ed ucation provide competition and banning them would leave the field free for government schools that would further compromise the quality of education.
- Those who can afford will start going overseas for education, thus increasing the inequality among the rich and the poor.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad