- 04/15/2019 at 5:31 am #488294EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
The specialist may show how a special commodity can be advertised; but whether from a social point of view it is desirable to reinforce the sale of these goods is no problem for him. If a sociologist insists that it would be better if not so many useless goods were bought, and that the aim ought rather to be to protect the buyer than to help the seller, the specialist would not object. His interest would only be to find the right means to lead to this other social end. He is partisan neither of the salesman nor of the customer, neither of the capitalist nor of the laborer, he is neither Socialist nor anti-Socialist, neither high-tariff man nor free-trader. There are certain goals which are acknowledged on all sides, and which therefore hardly need any discussion. But where the aim is not perfectly a matter of course, the specialist fulfills his task only when he is satisfied with demonstrating that certain means serve a certain end, and that they ought to be applied as soon as that end is accepted.
What is the main idea of the passage?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- The desirability of an end does not fall within the domain of the technical specialist.
- The specialist must know how to reach an end, whatever it takes.
- The specialist is an advertiser's and a lobbyist's best friend.
- The specialist must proceed in a certain way towards a certain end.
- The specialist moves only when the ends and the means justify each other.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad