- 04/29/2019 at 2:12 am #697581EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
The extent to which ionization of a drug takes place is dependent upon pKa of the drug and the pH of the solution in which the drug is dissolved. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- pKa of a drug is the pH at which the drug is 50% ionised.
- Small changes of pH near the pka of a weak acidic drug will not affect its degree of ionisation.
- Knowledge of pka of a drug is useful in predicting its behaviour in various body fluids.
- Phenobarbitone with pKa of 7.2 is largely unionised at acid pH and will be about 40% non-ionised in plasma.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad