This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Aastha Mour Aastha Mour 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Aastha Mour Aastha Mour 

Heya..

My Board Exams Are Currently Going On..And Because I Have Been Aiming For IIT, I Will Have To Change My Board From IGCSE To CBSE.

In CBSE I Really Wanted To PCMB, However, My Friends There Are Telling Me Not To Opt For That. After Doing CS From IIT, I Was Planning Go For Psychology.

So Do I Need Biology In 11th And 12th If I Want To Go For Psychology..?

• #9272 Reply
    Arunima Agrawal Arunima Agrawal 

Hi Aastha!

Firstly, there is nothing wrong with doing PCMB from CBSE, if you are ready for a little extra hard work. However, if you have certain clarity about what you want to pursue later, you can go for a different subject choice as well.

As far as IIT is concerned, you don’t need to do biology. And if you want to pursue psychology after engineering (which will be a huge change), the kind of degree you want will decide if you should take biology. If you wish to pursue psychiatry and practice with medicines, you will need biology. However, in that case I would suggest looking into taking it up at the graduation level itself.

If you want to do psychology, and practice with therapy and counselling, then you will probably need to do a MA or P.Hd in psychology, for which you don’t biology in 11th and 12th.

So I would suggest you read up a little more about what kind of a career you want in the psychology, and then decide if you should study biology.

I hope my answer was helpful.

Reply To: Stream Selection
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account