This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 1 month ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

Respected Sir/Madam, I’m currently a student of class XI (CBSE). I aspire on becoming a video game developer in the future and would like to do a course in gaming. I had a doubt regarding the subjects i need to choose in class XI and XII for admission in a gaming course. Are physics and chemistry necessary for this course? Or can i take humanities subjects (History, Sociology) along with Math and Computer Science? I really hate physics and find it difficult. Hope you will be able to guide me in the right direction.

Navneet Anand 

Hello Himanshu, If you want to be a developer I suggest that you take PCM in your 12th along with Computer Science. A lot of institution offer these type of courses under the umbrella of Engineering.

However you can also be an independent developer by doing a specific course in Video Game Developing but this will shrink your choice of courses and can be risky.

Best of luck.

pragya 

Hi Himanshu,

For becoming a developer, I would suggest you to pursue PCM for the simple reason that this field will require a science background. Anything to do with the ‘engineering’ field per say will have a minimum requirement of science subjects.
    History, sociology won’t help you much if you want a career as a game developer.
    Try growing your interest in Physics, I am sure you will be able to master it and score well! Don’t forget to opt for Computer Science as the 4th subject when you choose PCM.

All the very best to you!

Shraddha Goel 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Hello.

Believe in yourself and the fact that your disinterest in Physics cannot supercede your passion for gaming.

Take up PCM as Physics cannot be skipped in Science stream in any school. Devote more time to it and soon you’ll see yourself pursuing what you love, for there are internships and skill-based courses in gaming that you can count upon.

Humanities wouldn’t help you in the same. All the best. 🙂

Olivia Das 

Hi,

For becoming a developer you need computer science. And computer science can only be combined with science which again has PCM (physics too!!) . You have to take PCM+ computer science in order to reach your goal Himanshu. 🙂

Don’t worry, as you know to gain something, you always have to loose something. So make this sacrifice. that would help you surely!

Thank you! Best of luck! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account