- 06/06/2019 at 8:47 pm #1123161EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.Peru is referred to as “Land of the Incas” as the country was once home to the expansive Incan Empire. Owing to its ancient history, Peru today boasts of many archaeological treasures and colonial architecture. Regarded among the most captivating archaeological sites, Machu Picchu is one of the 7 wonders of the world. The complex is home to many temples, palaces and homes and is believed to have been the center of the Incan civilization. It is believed that it was originally built to serve as a military fortress and was later used as an estate for the Inca Royalty. Perched dramatically 1000 feet above the Urubamba river, Machu Picchu is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Machu Picchu is only accessible by foot, train and helicopter. Nestled between the towns of Nazca and Palpa, the Nazca lines are one of the most mysterious sites in the world. Created thousands of years ago, the site features huge animal and geometrical designs that span across an area of approximately 280 square miles. Sacred Valley is an ideal spot for exploring the ruins of the Incas. The Valley was the political, spiritual and agricultural center of the Incas. The site is also home to some of the most iconic sites of Peru including Ollantaytambo ruins and the Pisac. The Pisac Ruins and Sunday Market are the other notable attractions of the Valley. Anchored between two volcanoes, Coropuna and Ampato, Colca Canyon is considered twice as deep as the Grand Canyon making it one of the deepest canyons in the world. The canyon is more than 11,000 feet deep. There is a winding river at the base. The Canyon has been inhabited for thousands of years and hosted the Collagua, Cabana, and the Incas.
Which of the following can be inferred about Peru?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- It is a place of serenity and calmness.
- It is a place of cuisines enjoyed by people all over the words.
- It serves as a great place for tourism.
- It is a great place for adventurous activities like trekking and mountaineering.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad