- 08/13/2019 at 10:01 am #1683920EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.Gravitation is not a first principle. In this spirit, Verlinde frames gravity as an emergent phenomenon. Emergent phenomena appear when interactions on a small scale give rise to new laws, principles and structures on a larger scale. Consider the beautiful ice crystals we call snowflakes. The formation of snowflakes is driven by thermodynamics, the laws that govern the transfer of heat energy between molecules. And yet, crystals do not exist on the scale of individual molecules. They appear only on a larger scale, when many molecules exchange energy in a particular manner. Much as we can obtain snowflakes from thermodynamics, Verlinde argues that we can obtain gravitation from thermodynamics. If the Universe were a computer program, there would be no line for gravitation in the code. In this view, gravitation is less like a constitutional article and more like a side effect.
Why did Verlinde portray gravity as an emergent?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- because gravity is not the first principle
- It has no line of code in the universe and is more like a side-effect
- gravity can be obtained through thermodynamics and appear on large scale
- gravity can be obtained through small interactions
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad