This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 1 month ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

I always wanted to be a geologist, but my present condition and the wishes of my family members doesn’t allow me to go for geology right now. Is there is any chance to study geology to become a geologist. I would love to work in Geological Survey of India or similar companies.

I really want to go for geology after I finish my engineering or medical, whatever I may have to do for it—distance learning education, go to some other states or even abroad if it’s the last option!!

So, if I can get all the available choices and all the details, age limit or any other criteria too which I may have to fulfill regarding that. I would be highly grateful.

Shraddha Goel 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Since you are very determined about geology for it is your passion, I suggest you do one or any of the following:

1. Convince your family about the scope that being a geologist holds and how well you can do in this field.
    2. Consider the distance learning programme of Bircham International University. They give an expert diploma, a bachelor’s, a master’s and a PhD in Geology by teaching online. It will cost you 1.050-1.470 Euros, 3.510-6.800 Euros, 4.680-7.020 Euros and 5.850-9.360 Euros respectively if you get the opportunity to learn fom this University.
    3. You can also pursue a correspondence degree in Geology from IGNOU,Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University, etc and prepare for a medical entrance alongside, if that is the choice you have.
    4. M.Sc. in Geology- To pursue this, you need a graduation degree in any discipline, hence you will be able to study it at master’s level anyway, if you do B.Tech or something else in graduation.

I hope this helps to some extent. All the best. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account