This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Navneet Anand 2 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
  • #30 Reply
     Navneet Anand 

    What are the specialization that I can take for in civil Engineering?

  • #4664 Reply
     Navneet Anand 

    The specializations in civil engineering are structural engineering, environment engineering, hydraulics engineering, traffic and transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction management, hydraulics and water resources engineering, geoinformatic, and engineering geoscience.

    Some other options include Master of Design (M.Des.); Master of Building Engineering and Management (MBEM); M.Arch. with specialisation in housing/ architecture conservation/ industrial design/ urban design; M.Tech. degree course in structural engineering / computer-aided structural analysis; Master of planning with specialisation in environment planning and transport planning; Master of Business Administration; postgraduate diploma in industrial engineering and management.

    Thank You

  • #6242 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

    M.Tech specializations in Civil Engineering

    • M.Tech in Building Technology and Construction Management
    • M.Tech in Geo informatics
    • M.Tech in Highway Technology
    • M.Tech in Hydraulics
    • M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering
    • M.Tech in Infrastructure Engineering and Construction Management
    • M.Tech in Offshore Structures
    • M.Tech in Rock Engineering and Underground Structures
    • M.Tech in Engineering Geology
    • M.Tech in Geology
    • M.Tech in Soil Mechanic and Foundation Engineering
    • M.Tech in Traffic and Transportation Planning
    • M.Tech in Structural Engineering
    • M.Tech in Structural Engineering and Natural Disaster Management
    • M.Tech in Transportation Engineering

    Growing scope after doing M.Tech specialization

    Those who take M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering can work as Geotechnical Engineer in Larsen and Toubro Limited. This company offers a salary between Rs. 1, 00, 000/- and Rs. 4, 00, 000/- per annum to the geotechnical engineer. M.Tech graduates in Geotechnical Engineering/Rock Engineering/Engineering Geology can pursue their career as Scientist in National Geotechnical Facility and draw a salary between Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- per month.

    M.Tech degree holders in Structural Engineering can join as Scientist in Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre under Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) wherein a salary of Rs. 15, 600/- to Rs. 39, 100/- per month is offered. Other job profiles available for these postgraduates in reputed infrastructure companies like Gammon India, Oriental Structural Engineers Private Limited etc. are

    • Group Head (Structural Detail Engineering)
    • Lead Structural Engineer (Industrial Engineering Design)
    • Offshore Lead Structural Engineer
    • Section head-Steel Structural Engineering
    • Senior Design Engineer (Civil and Structural Engineering)
    • Structural Engineer (Processing Lines)

    These are high profile jobs which offer a salary between Rs. 2, 00, 000/- and  Rs. 6, 00, 000/- per annum. Experienced M.Tech graduates in Structural Engineering can work as Scientist in Structural Engineering Research Centre and earn up to Rs. 40, 000/- per month.

    M.Tech graduates in Geology can work as Scientist in Space Applications Centre under Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) for which a salary of Rs. 15, 600/- to Rs. 39, 100/- per month. They can also join Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited as General Manager and earn up to Rs. 3, 00, 000/- per annum. National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) under Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) recruit candidates having M.Tech in Geoinformatics with a salary in the range of Rs. 15, 600/- to Rs. 39, 100/- per month.

    Other M.Tech specializations in Civil Engineering can enable the candidates to find following job types in reputed organizations like Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), RITES Limited, National Buildings Construction and Corporation Limited, Balmer Lawrie & Co. Limited etc.

    • Project Engineer
    • Executive Manager
    • Civil Engineering Specialist
    • Graduate Executive Trainee

    Aspirants having M.Tech specialization in Civil Engineering can also join Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited as Scientific Officers and earn a salary in the range of Rs. 15, 600/- to Rs. 39, 100/- per month. It is also possible for them to work in reputed engineering colleges as Assistant Professors with a salary up to Rs. 40, 000/- per month.

    Thank you 🙂
Reply To: Post graduation in Civil Engineering
Your information:

GET UPTO 50%    OFF!
Verify Yourself

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account