Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 3 months ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

I have completed B.com with 65% and CA IPCC. But then I left CA due to internship and exhaustion. I’m 24 now. What are my options? I tried for MBA last year, but couldn’t get into a good b-school. Should I search for job, try for MBA again or CPA from India or MS in finance or anything else. I left CA since mid 2016

• #5582 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

Hello. It is very good that you have completed your graduation. CA can be very exhausting because the articleship is not only hard due to time spent on learning practical aspect in the office but also you have to prepare for Finals alongside. If accountancy is not what you see yourself doing for the rest of your life and isn’t your forte, then it is good you dropped it.

Next also it is very rational to say that MBA from an average institute may not fetch very good output in terms of employment.

Only graduation will not fetch you a great job.

Also please know that you are not at all late for further studies.

A very wise advice is this- Since you do not know where your passion lies, make a right choice by taking up a government job. If you want the best, take up the UPSC exam or otherwise SSC/Banking/State level exams and other government jobs will be the best for you.

If you have any further queries please feel free to write to us. Thank you 🙂

• #6630 Reply
     Olivia Das 

Hi,

Scope for Higher Studies after B.Com

After completing graduation in commerce, aspirants have a wide range of options for higher studies. They can do post graduation in any of the streams like

• Economics
    • Statistics
    • Law
    • Arts
    • Insurance
    • Education
    • International Studies

Other professional programs of study include MBA and MCA. Those who are interested in research can do the PhD programs with various specializations.

Other Certification Courses after B.Com

There are many certification courses in Commerce that the aspirants can opt for on completion of their graduation in Commerce. Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), ICWA, CFP and Company Secretary Ship (CS) are some of the available courses. They can also choose among Stock Broking or the relevant Computer courses like Tally and accounting softwares. Chartered Accountancy is a very respectable profession in commerce stream. Their work mainly involves auditing, accounting and tax related matters. Stock Brokers’ work profile includes transactions of securities for individuals or institutions in stock exchanges.

Career Opportunities after B.Com

There are plentiful job opportunities for the commerce graduates in India and abroad. On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can seek out for career in public and private undertakings. Various tests are conducted in public sector for the recruitment of these graduates. They can attend the U.P.S.C. exams, Combined Defense Services exam, Air Force Accounts exams and so on. Aspirants can also apply for the banking sector jobs like clerical and Probationary Officers jobs. Those who wish for a career abroad should write the GRE/GMAT exam. Professionals can apply for jobs in industries, media and communication and in multi national companies. They can also work in health care, educational institutions, and in financial service sector.

P.S.: choose what you think would be better for you after reading the above! 🙂

Reply To: Options after B.Com??
Your information:

Comment

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account