Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 

Hello team
    Please help me to know the details regarding the new courses in delhi university. so that I can reach my target of achieveing a seat in DU and also follow my dreams to become a successful person in my life. So anyone could please kindly help me in knowing these details. So please guys help me and make me aware of all the things necessary. Hoping for a sooner reply

• #8284 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

Hello Raghendra

DU is one of the major institutions for education. Here are the complete details:

Delhi University colleges will start new courses in the coming academic year, opening up around 2,000 additional seats for aspirants.

The university wrote to 19 colleges to begin courses that the academic and executive council approved last year, but could not be started. The courses are new in the particular colleges and may already be offered in other colleges.

“As these courses start, there will be an addition of about 2,000 seats,” said Nachiketa Singh, an academic council member and teacher at Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur (SGTB) Khalsa College.

The new courses include Political Science (Hons) at St Stephen’s College, Computer Science (Hons), History, Psychology and Mathematics (Hons) at Aryabhatta College.

Indraprastha College for Women will start Sociology (Hons), while Gargi College and Delhi College of Arts and Commerce will start Mathematics (Hons). Bharti College, Ramanujan College, Daulat Ram College will start some courses.

The university decided that the Science courses will have 32 seats each and arts will have 40 seats each.

One new course of Bsc in Forensic Science will be started at SGTB Khalsa College.

Certain colleges will, however, not increase the seats but adjust with the current strength.

“A few colleges have applied to the University Grants Commission for the increase in the number of seats. I will continue with the present strength for this year and later apply,” said Manoj Sinha, principal of Aryabhatta College.

Colleges have to get UGC’ approval before increasing seats as it is the funding body.

Reply To: New courses in Delhi University
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account