This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Amit Chauhan Amit Chauhan 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Amit Chauhan Amit Chauhan 

Hi, I am in my second year of B.tech and I am studying Chandigarh. I want to know whether there are MS courses in Computer Science like M.tech and MCA in India. I want to pursue research and have heard that an MS degree is better for research. Please advise.

• #7602 Reply
    Siddharth Jaiswal Siddharth Jaiswal 

Hey Salman,

You have heard somewhat correctly regarding MS being a good choice for research. Let me clarify here that even with an M.Tech or M.Sc degree you can pursue cutting edge research in Computer Science and thus MS is not the only requirement for it. But, having said that, M.Tech is obviously the more preferred choice when it comes to placements and thus the MS degrees offered in  India are more to do with speciailisation in research. There are quite a few colleges which offer this degree and I will list here some of the more famous ones which do give you an opportunity to do research which is on par with the rest of the world-

1. IISc Bangalore
    2. IIT Delhi
    3. IIT Madras
    4. BITS Pilani

These are the top colleges for pursuing research by MS in India. And each have their own admission criteria. IISc Bangalore needs a GATE score whereas the IITs have a separate interview mechanism for this course and BITS Pilani has its own exam. You can also pursue a distance education program from BITS.

Hope this helped!

• #9870 Reply
    priya arrora priya arrora 

Some universities do offer MS Course in India.But I heard from most of people that is does not have that much reputation or demand if compared with foreign.

Reply To: MS in India in computer science
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account