Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lalitsantoshpannala 11 months ago.

• Author

If I am interested in marketing then I can do either masters in marketing or MBA, which one u suggest?

• #4776 Reply
     Rohit Manglik 
    Participant

Hi Lalit,

I need to know following details to understand you better.

1) What type of colleges are you planning?

2) Are you looking in India or Abroad?

3) Are you planning for Job or Research after completing your MBA/Maters in Marketing?

• #4780 Reply
     Piyush Rai 

Hey Lalit,

A MBA in Marketing tends to be more practical than theoretical. Successful applicants to such programs usually have a few years of experience in the business field. The curriculum for an MBA marketing degree generally involves corporate management and business strategy, organizational behavior and design, leadership training, and in-depth discussions of marketing methods and research as they relate to general management.

On the other side in master’s degree programs, people who apply for this programs do not always have to have a background in marketing. Course work for a marketing master’s is typically comprised of the detailed study of marketing research and strategy, advertising, consumer behavior and psychology, communication, and sales research and management. Master’s in marketing classes also cover entrepreneurial marketing, multinational management and nonprofit marketing.

Please take this decision to pursue a higher degree in marketing a bit seriously. You need to give serious consideration as to what direction you want your future career to take. If you have good work experience and want to continue in the direction you have been headed, then a Marketing MBA might be the right choice for you. If you would like to enroll in a program that emphasizes research and critical analysis of current and future trends, or you have only recently finished your undergraduate studies, then a master’s degree in Marketing may be a good option.

Choose your career wisely.

Best of luck!!

• #6016 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

I suggest you pursue an MBA in Marketing straight away as it will put you in the best jobs possible right after getting out the university. However do it only if you get to do an MBA from a recognised university/institution.

Otherwise do Master’s and go in Research field. It is very interesting and will keep you curious with Marketing throughout your career. 🙂

Reply To: MBA or Masters in Marketing
Your information:

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50%    OFF!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account