- 04/28/2019 at 9:02 am #682804EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Light of wavelength λph falls on a cathode plate inside a vacuum tube as shown in the figure. The work function of the cathode surface is φ and the anode is a wire mesh of conducting material kept at a distance d from the cathode. A potential difference V is maintained between the electrodes. If the minimum de Broglie wavelength of the electrons passing through the anode is λe, which of the following statements is/are true?
- λe increases at the same rate as λph for λph < hc/φ.
- For large potential difference (V > > φ/e), λe is approximately halved if V is made four times.
- λe is approximately halved if d is doubled.
- λe decreases with increase in φ and λph.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad