This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rohan Singh 1 month ago.

• Author
     Rohan Singh 

I graduated college in 2016 with a degree in Bcom(P). I didn’t sit for college placement because I was preparing for CAT. However, I didn’t clear it in this attempt. Now, I’m planning to work for sometime before attempting it again. But I want to do a job oriented course too. Some course that adds value and increases my chances of getting employed. Can someone suggest the courses I can do given my degree?

Thanks.

Shalini Chakraborty 

You can go for diploma courses in Banking, or investment banking.
    A course in company secretaryship sounds good too..
    If you enjoy public relations, then you can also go for a diploma in PR and advertising

Saksham . 

Hello Chavvi

First of all I want to appreciate you for not giving up on CAT.

Now keeping in mind that your final goal is writing CAT exam and then giving interview, so the courses I am going to suggest you are based on the above assumption.

1. Do a language course as it would be going to a highlight in your resume. Languages like Japanese  and Chinese as these two countries are the top trading partners of India. It would provide you edge over others.

2. Do a computer course like Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, Tally, etc., as these courses will act like an accessory of your resume. Even my senior got selected in Ashok Leyland  because of these skills at a high stipend.

Above two points will be adding value to you as well as your resume and provide you a little edge over others, if you want other course apart from these then you can go with the courses in which you would be pursuing your MBA. For example : You’re thinking of doing MBA major in HR so you can do short term course in Marketing which will be a add on.

Hannan Satopay 

Hello Chavvi,

In my opinion, due to recent advancement in technology, there is an increasing demand for computer skills. Since you have completed your BCom, you should go ahead and learn the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) as they have play an important role in getting a job and performing very well at the job as well. You can move on to learn programming and join courses like Data Analyst, Machine Learning etc which have a great future scope. This courses can be done through Udacity, ed-ex etc. You can also join a tally or database course from NIIT or learn online to improve your skills.

If computer technology is not your domain of interest then I recommend you to join a marketing course.

In today’s time, it is important for you to improve your social skills as well, starting with improving your social profiles and interacting on various forums.

Along with this tips, do continue to work hard and smart towards cracking the CAT.

All the best for your future endeavours!

Ripunjoy Goswami 

You can do MBA which will increase both you quality and income for future jobs. You can also do courses like CA which though will be difficult to crack but after that there us no turning back.

You can also do courses for data analysis or can apply for internship in near companies.

Best of Luck

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account