- 05/24/2016 at 12:00 am #4616Piyush RaiMember
No need to worry about your options after completing your ‘B.Com’ as choice and opportunities are endless depending on your interests, application and perhaps some luck.
I have listed below few options for B.Com. graduates:
- Becoming accountants, auditors, information systems officers, taxation specialists and customer relationship officers:
- in the Accounting and Computer Profession,
- in the Finance and Banking Industry,
- in the Corporate Sector and at all levels of the Public Sector.
As a commerce graduates you can also pursue higher education and specialize in several areas like M.Com., M.B.A., M.C.A., C.A., Cost Accountants etc. and get into top and middle management levels in corporate and public sector. A law degree goes well with the commerce degree and one can take up private practice or join a firm specializing in tax laws.
All said and done, now one piece of advice from my side – ‘Try to gain some Industry experience before you make a decision to specialize in one of the areas mentioned above‘. This experience will help you in getting better understanding of the concepts you have grasped till now and will also open your mind towards the various other opportunities.
Hope I was able to solve your problem to a bit!! Let me know if you need to discuss anything further in detail.
- 05/24/2016 at 12:00 am #4618Ankur SinhaMember
In my perspective you should work for a year or so.. Till you find what you are looking for.
While you are at work you get to learn a lot on job.
Later if you feel you want to study further do take it up.
As 1 year of experience will give you a better perspective to study further.
And if you think you have to study further don’t delay it..
Gaps can be a problem on the long run.
Hope this helps….
- 05/24/2016 at 12:00 am #124
- 05/25/2016 at 12:00 am #4630Radhika TanikaMember
Its always beneficial to have some work experience before going for higher studies, as you will be able to connect more with the courses offered. Being a B.Com graduate you have got to chose from a variety of options listed below:
- Accounting – Careers with numbers
- Auditor – includes checking accounting ledgers and financial statements within corporations and Government.
- Market Research – The essence of the market research industry is to enable companies to reduce risk when they take important decisions in the market.
- Rural Management – it’s all about going back to our villages, the basic unit of Indian life.
- Event Management – a range of services like Brand Launching, live shows, conference staging, exhibitions, retail merchandising, fashion shows, materials management, delegate management, event marketing etc.
- Entrepreneurship, another option, is not just about making money. It is about initiative, imagination, flexibility, creativity and the capacity to see change as an opportunity.
Choose your options wisely!!
- 12/09/2016 at 12:00 am #5364ankitbanerjeeMember
Go with your heart. If you want to study more, go for mcom or mba but if you want to start a job and are physically prepared, go with the job but you will get a job with good pay roll if you pursue masters first. all the best.
- 01/03/2017 at 12:00 am #6632Olivia DasMember
Scope for Higher Studies after B.Com
After completing graduation in commerce, aspirants have a wide range of options for higher studies. They can do post graduation in any of the streams like
- International Studies
Other professional programs of study include MBA and MCA. Those who are interested in research can do the PhD programs with various specializations.
Other Certification Courses after B.Com
There are many certification courses in Commerce that the aspirants can opt for on completion of their graduation in Commerce. Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), ICWA, CFP and Company Secretary Ship (CS) are some of the available courses. They can also choose among Stock Broking or the relevant Computer courses like Tally and accounting softwares. Chartered Accountancy is a very respectable profession in commerce stream. Their work mainly involves auditing, accounting and tax related matters. Stock Brokers’ work profile includes transactions of securities for individuals or institutions in stock exchanges.
Career Opportunities after B.Com
There are plentiful job opportunities for the commerce graduates in India and abroad. On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can seek out for career in public and private undertakings. Various tests are conducted in public sector for the recruitment of these graduates. They can attend the U.P.S.C. exams, Combined Defense Services exam, Air Force Accounts exams and so on. Aspirants can also apply for the banking sector jobs like clerical and Probationary Officers jobs. Those who wish for a career abroad should write the GRE/GMAT exam. Professionals can apply for jobs in industries, media and communication and in multi national companies. They can also work in health care, educational institutions, and in financial service sector.
P.S.: choose what you think would be better for you after reading the above! 🙂