- 03/13/2017 at 12:00 am #8482ManikantaMember
Optometry is good career for many reasons and my list is as follows:
- It is a profession that is still in high demand. Although there have been many new schools opened and many students are being graduated on an annual basis because of this there still remains many parts of that are in need of optometrists.
- There are many different types of optometry one can specialize in or niches that can be filled within a clinical or specialized setting. You have general optometry or family practice optometry, low vision practice, developmental optometry or binocular vision, pediatrics, geriatrics, and this list really goes on and on. Furthermore, one can also work in a non-clinical setting as well such as a lecturer, researcher, or consultant.
- You get a lot one on one time with patients and because of this you can development many lasting and rewarding patient/doctor relationships over the years especially if you work in small community.
- I’ve heard many different reports on average starting salaries, but I think this can differ greatly depending on where you decide to practice because of average cost of living and in which type of setting you ultimately end up in. Overall, my best guess for an average starting salary based on my experience is around 90–100k. With that said many doctors of optometry will greatly exceed that after just a couple of years in practice or once they start working for themselves.
- 03/13/2017 at 12:00 am #2642Rakesh varmaMember
Myself Ankit from Jharkhand. I m here today to know some details regarding the Optometry. I want to choose this field as my career as this is really very interesting field. But I need to know some basic information which will help me to carry on in this field smoothly. So kindly reply me.
- 09/11/2019 at 11:48 pm #1849272Ajeet Bhatnagar
Optometrists are prepared experts engaged with the treatment of visual imperfections with the assistance of optical instruments. They lead eye tests to look at a patient’s vision and recommend eyeglasses and contact focal points and give vision treatment and low-vision recovery.
It is a very good option for career. To know more about the admission in abroad please visit my website here – https://www.mbbsadmissionin.in
- 09/16/2019 at 10:07 am #1853880dinesh kumarParticipant
Yes it is. If you have interest in Optometrists , then why not. It has good scope. One of my known who is doing BSC from Chandigarh Group Of Colleges Landran is planning to do Optometrists . She got interest in this field and ready to do it after her graduation. So, it depends upon your interest. If you are really interested, Just Got For it.
Good Luck 🙂