This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ananth ananth 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    ananth ananth 

I know that GPA will be useful in campus placements but after getting the first job, will it matter how much GPA you had when you already have few years of experience under your belt.

• #4756 Reply
    Piyush Rai Piyush Rai 

Hey Ananth,

As you must be knowing GPA may get you in the door, but it’s not going to close the deal. There are other factors — your creativity, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and communication ability — that are likely to be far more relevant than the grades you received in college coursework.

Based on my experience I would say during the early 2-3 years the GPA has its importance (eg: Flipkart expects a minimum of 7 GPA while hiring for SDE-I role), but as you grow old and gain more experience, GPA’s importance fades out. Once you have few years of experience on you CV, importance is more on the area/kind of work you have done and the places you have been working. So just hold on and do the hard-work at what ever place you land after college. Learn as much as you can, and step out once gain the confidence that your experience weighs more than GPA 🙂

Best of luck!!

• #6018 Reply
    Shraddha Goel Shraddha Goel 

There are many, many students who score not less than 9 GPA yet do not make it to the jobs. This is so because they are dull personalities or are unable to speak/answer with confidence in interviews.

Also, there are many companies who just focus on academic record. Many focus on your behaviour and your ability to deal with stressful situations.

Hence a decent GPA should be maintained and a good personality with the right attitude will help you do well not only in campus placements but in general interviews too. After some work experience, no company looks for your academic performance or your grades because anyhow training is provided for the work to be done.

Thank you. 🙂

Reply To: Is GPA still important after a few years of experience in the industry?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account