This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bharat 5 months ago.

• Author
     Bharat 

How is DIT for petroleum Engg in terms of teaching, faculty members and majorly the placements? Is it a good option to go DIT?

• #4806 Reply
     Piyush Rai 

Hey Bharat,

I won’t say that DIT is one of the best but it is much better than other private engineering colleges. Placements are good for CS/IT. Petroleum lack experienced faculties and decent student intake. I would suggest you should aim for UPES, Dehradun. It’s much better than DIT. I have listed below colleges that are good for Petroleum, have a look and choose wisely.

Top 10 colleges for petroleum engineering in India:

1. Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Mumbai

2. Indian School of Mines University(ISM), Dhanbad

3. University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun

4. Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar

5. Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune

6. M. S Engineering College, Bangalore

7. L.D College Of Engineering, Ahmedabad

8. G.H Patel College Of Engineering, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat

9. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), UttarPradesh

10. Universities of Petroleum and Energy Studies(UPES), Dehradun

Best of luck!
  • #7510 Reply
     Shravya H.M. 

Hello,

I agree with Piyush’s answer. DIT would offer you a beautiful ambiance and a pretty amazing college life because it’s got a beautiful campus and a great bunch of peers. But when it comes to placements at the end of the year, for a branch like Petroleum, I would say there’s a much higher chance you would be disappointed than content. Petroleum engineering requires top notch facilities and the companies do not go to just about every college. So you should really consider one of the other top colleges in the country if you’re looking for a job after your Bachelor’s degree.

Reply To: Is DIT good for Petroleum Engg.?
Your information:

Comment

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50% OFF!
icon

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account