- 02/11/2017 at 12:00 am #1360Dr Pramod Kumar ManglikMember
Hello all. I am currently an undergraduate student wanting to become an Income tax officer but do not know the details of it and from where to apply. Does anyone know the eligibility criteria for becoming income tax officer?
- 02/11/2017 at 12:00 am #7564utsav_shahMember
Hello Karan. Good to see that you aspire to become an income tax officer.
There is an examination called the Income Tax Officer Exam conducted by The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year.
The following are generally the eligibility criteria :
- You should be having a degree from any recognized university.
- You should be not less than 18 years of age and the maximum age is 27 years. The upper age limit is relaxed for SC/ST, OBC and PWD candidates to 5 years,3 years and 10 years respectively.
- Your nationality should be Indian.
Here are the following subjects for the exam:
1. General Studies- 200 marks
2. English- 100 marks
3. Arithmetic- 200 marks
4. Language- 200 marks
5. Communication Skill and Writing- 200 marks
Here’s a link for the online application- http://www.ssc.nic.in
Hope it Helps