This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sujata Lakhsmi 1 month ago.

• Author
     Sujata Lakhsmi 

In which year of engineering should we start preparing for CAT? How important is work experience?

Meghana S 

I suggest you write a mock CAT to figure out your strengths and weak areas. Depending on your score you can figure out when to start preparing. Its possible to score well in CAT by preparing rigorously for 4-5 months if your basics are good. If you’re planning to write the exam in the final year, you should start preparing in June. The exam is usually held in November.

However, do consider waiting for 1-2 years to gain some work experience as that will definitely help you during your MBA.

Piyush Rai 

I would suggest you can start and somewhere around end of your 3rd year, in fact try writing it in your third year and then you can understand better where you stand. After that based on your score you can strengthen your weak areas over the year. And please consider what Meghana highlighted ‘do consider waiting for 1-2 years to gain some work experience as that will definitely help you during your MBA ‘.

Best of luck.!

Olivia Das 

Hi,

You should start as early as possible!! 🙂

The paper comprises of:

Verbal Aptitude

Quantitative Aptitude

Logical Reasoning and DI

First of all take a mock to see where you stand. Now you know which areas you need to focus on!

for all the above, you can buy ARUN SHARMA books! they are the best and doing those can help you a lot in improving. The level-3 in those is the type of questions that come in cat.

solve those. AND, enroll yourself in some mock test series. AMCAT by TIME is the best but thougher that the actual CAT, Career Launcher test series is of same level as CAT.

I suggest you do both. AND you are ready to rock CAT paper!

Shraddha Goel 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

I think CAT requires a 9-10 months of preparation so you should start in your final year with the coaching. If you don’t need coaching then make sure you give ample amount of time to building the basics and understanding the syllabus and exam pattern.

Also, 1-2 meaningful internships will give your interview and CV both a boost instead of doing 4-5 worthless ones. So all the best. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account