- 04/28/2019 at 6:59 pm #690794EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
In electrolysis of NaCl, when Pt electrode is taken, H2 is liberated at cathode, while with Hg cathode, it forms sodium amalgam. Give the correct reason.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Hg is more inert than Pt.
- More voltage is required to reduce H+ at Hg than at Pt.
- Na is dissolved in Hg, while it does not dissolve in Pt.
- Concentration of H+ ions is larger when Pt electrode is taken.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad