- 07/04/2019 at 9:50 am #1327012EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
In each of the following questions, four sentences labeled 1,2,3 and 4 are given. Arrange the sentences in a logical order to form a coherent paragraph/passage. From the given options, choose the most appropriate one.
(1) A literary movement founded in Paris by French-speaking African and West Indian intellectuals, negritude sought to refute the imperialist racial divide between civilized Europe and primitive Africa by demonstrating the latter’s rich cultural heritage.
(2) In this respect, nigritude can be contrasted with the finer-grained historical and ethnographic writings of earlier Anglophone West African scholars such as the Rev. Samuel Johnson, who tended to focus on their own peoples.
(3) In doing so, however, it clung to the idea of difference, emphasizing the particular attributes of a homogenous ‘African people’.
(4) Perhaps the most striking inversion of European conceptions of Africa was that of nigritude.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad