12/04/2017 at 12:00 am #4257rahul sharmaParticipantPoints: 206Rank: Professional
what are the important topics for JEE Chemistry 2018?
12/06/2017 at 12:00 am #10060Asad yar KhanMemberPoints: 6,369Rank: Legendary
In the JEE Exam Chemistry is said to be the most scoring subject of all.
Although all the chapters and topics are somehow interrelated and equally important, chemical bonding is perhaps the highest weighted chapter as many questions come directly from this chapter. Also, many indirect questions are asked which requires a clear understanding of this chapter.
Here are some of the important topics to prepare for Organic Chemistry IIT JEE and score high in the exam.
- Alkyl Halide, Alcohol & Ether (Reaction Mechanism) (1 question=4 marks)
- Amines (1 question=4 marks)
- Aromatic Compounds (1 question=4 marks)
- Biomolecules (1 question=4 marks)
- Carbonyl compounds (1 question=3 marks)
- Grignard Reagent, Reduction, Oxidation & Hydrolysis (2 question=6 marks)
- Polymers (1 question=3 marks)
- Practical organic chemistry (2 question=8 marks)
- Stereoisomerism (2 question=6 marks)
- Atomic Structure
- Nuclear and Surface Chemistry
- d-Block Elements
- Alkyl Halides
- Aromatic Compounds
- Gaseous and Liquid States
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination Compounds
12/16/2017 at 12:00 am #10074jyotishah976MemberPoints: 0Rank: Amateur
As per the JEE Main Paper Pattern, there are 30 questions asked from Chemistry subject. It is one of the scoring subjects as it requires Theoretical knowledge of the topics. The important topics of JEE Chemistry are:
p Block Elements
Biomolecules and Polymers
d and f Block elements
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
s Block elements ( Alkali and Alkaline earth Metals) and Hydrogen
Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes ( Hydrocarbons)