This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 

Hi, my name is Prateek. I have passed class 12th. I am preparing for JEE examination 2018. . I have only 6 months in hand for preparation.Is Cengage a good book to get me a good rank in Exam?

• #9734 Reply
    Asad yar Khan Asad yar Khan 

Hi Prateek,

Yes, it is possible to to prepare for JEE Mains in 6 months . But for that you need to be very particular about the strategy. You have to make a well planned study plan. Frame a time table with proper distribution of time. You have to focus on key topics. You have to first work on your weak areas. take an expert guidance through a coaching institute. Then, solving last year’s question papers has always been a cultivation for the preparation for any competitive examination in the world. Read and write to learn better.

Lastly, stay happy and healthy.

Yes, Cengage Publications’ series (Mathematics) by Ghanshyam Tewani is a book you can surely go for.

To conclude, given below are some of the best books suggested for subject-wise JEE Main Preparation:

Physics: Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma, Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov, Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker.

Chemistry: Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur, Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis, Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee, Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd.

Mathematics: Complete Mathematics by McGraw Hill Education Pvt Ltd, 103 Trigonometry Problems by Titu Andreescu & Zuming Feng, Coordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney, Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight, Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron. For basics of mathematics, students can refer NCERT XI-XII books.
    You can refer to detailed list at JEE Preparation Books For Reference – for Mains and IIT JEE Advanced.

Note: NCERT book for standard 11th and 12th for Chemistry is highly recommended.

Hope that helps!

• #9752 Reply
    rahul sharma rahul sharma 
    Participant

Hello,

If you are preparing for JEE 2018 exam

You can take help from the books for the preparation,But ensure that you should select few books for your preparation and make die hard command over them

Choosing too many books will be hectic for you

PHYSICS

NCERT

H.C VERMA for  physics

DC PANDEY for class  physics

Irodov for numerical questions in competitive exams

Pradeeps fundamental for physics

Chemistry

Organic Chemistry -O. P Tandon for class 11th & 12th

Organic chemistry by Peter Skyes

Dr.Jagdambha Singh & S Anandvardhan

Inorganic chemistry-JD Lee

Mathematics 

R D Sharma

ML KHANNA

IA MARRON for basic concepts

SL Loney for  Coordinate geometry

SL Loney for Trigonometry

Reply To: I have only 6 months to prepare for JEE examination. Is Cengage a good book to get me a good rank in JEE Advanced ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account